[comp.sys.amiga] Hurricane 500 Unpopulated

TSA91@ccvax.iastate.edu (Marc Barrett) (07/20/90)

   I am interested in getting a Hurricane 500 accelerator for my Amiga
500.  I would like to get it unpopulated with no memory and no 68020
or 68881 chips, though, as I can get these chips extremely inexpensively.
Does anyone know where I can get a minimal Hurricane 500 for as cheap
as possible?

   I have looked at the Mega Midget, however this accelerator is too
expensive for me, as it requires an extra board for the 32-bit RAM
(STUPID, as 32-bit RAM is vital to any 32-bit accelerator), and the
'030 and '882 chips are too expensive for me.

                                  -MB-

greg@walt.cc.utexas.edu (Greg Harp) (07/21/90)

In article <25125@snow-white.udel.EDU> TSA91@ccvax.iastate.edu (Marc Barrett) writes:
>   I have looked at the Mega Midget, however this accelerator is too
>expensive for me, as it requires an extra board for the 32-bit RAM
>(STUPID, as 32-bit RAM is vital to any 32-bit accelerator), and the
>'030 and '882 chips are too expensive for me.

Speaking of which, has anybody here bought an add-on memory board for
the Midget Racer or MegaMigdet Racer?  I have been told by my (usually
reliable) dealer that the memory boards are very expensive.  Otherwise,
I might get one....

>                                  -MB-

..greg...

        ___  Disclaimer:  The opinions expressed above are not my own, but
AMIGA! ////  the property of some higher-up power, to which I am only a tool.
      ////     "Welcome, my son.  Welcome to the machine." -- Pink Floyd
___  //// "Reality is only a simulation, and it's still in beta testing." -- Me
\\\\////
 \\XX//            Greg Harp                greg@ccwf.cc.utexas.edu