[comp.sys.amiga] "C" environments

m086414@pwa-b.uucp (Fred Comins) (07/18/90)

Recent Fred Fish disks have a number of "C" environments;
    PDC  - Publicly Distributable C
    NorthC - (based on Sozobon)
    DICE - Dillon's integrated C environment.

How do these compare?? Does anyone have any experience
or feeling about these??   Which is best?

I come from a Unix C environment and would like the
best fit without trying all 3 on my little machine.

a218@mindlink.UUCP (Charlie Gibbs) (07/23/90)

In article <1990Jul17.184616.21971@pwa-b.uucp> m086414@pwa-b.uucp
(Fred Comins) writes:

>Recent Fred Fish disks have a number of "C" environments;
>    PDC  - Publicly Distributable C
>    NorthC - (based on Sozobon)
>    DICE - Dillon's integrated C environment.
>
>How do these compare?? Does anyone have any experience
>or feeling about these??   Which is best?
>
>I come from a Unix C environment and would like the
>best fit without trying all 3 on my little machine.

     Just to add to the confusion, there's also Sozobon-C.  It
works well enough that I do my A68k development with it.  The
compiler is a bit slow, and the generated code isn't too compact,
but it works well and the price is right.  When I have a final
version ready to go, I get someone else to compile it with Manx
or Lattice and wind up with an executable file about 40% smaller.

Charlie_Gibbs@mindlink.UUCP
I'm trying to develop a photographic memory.