[comp.sys.amiga] Recovering unclosed files

aliu@aludra.usc.edu (Alex Liu) (07/23/90)

It'd be really nice if there's away to recover unclosed files
due to crashes.  Just last night, we had a 2500 frame anim
nearly completed after 13 hrs. of rendering when the machine
went belly-up.  All we got was an empty file. ;-(

I hope future rendering programs will have backup facilities
during the render process to recover and continue a process in the
event of a crash.

-Viet

arc@desire.wright.edu (07/24/90)

In article <10973@chaph.usc.edu>, aliu@aludra.usc.edu (Alex Liu) writes:
> It'd be really nice if there's away to recover unclosed files
> due to crashes.  Just last night, we had a 2500 frame anim
> nearly completed after 13 hrs. of rendering when the machine
> went belly-up.  All we got was an empty file. ;-(
>
> I hope future rendering programs will have backup facilities
> during the render process to recover and continue a process in the
> event of a crash.
>
> -Viet

  I THINK DiskSalve 1.42 or FixDisk 1.0 will fix that file right up for you.