[comp.sys.amiga] lisp on amiga

MOHLER-T@osu-20.ircc.ohio-state.edu (Timothy W. Mohler) (07/23/90)

Are there any decent commercial versions of LISP or PROLOG out there for
Amiga?

jmarvin@oracle.oracle.com (John W. Marvin) (07/24/90)

In article <12607968862021@osu-20.ircc.ohio-state.edu> MOHLER-T@osu-20.ircc.ohio-state.edu (Timothy W. Mohler) writes:
>Are there any decent commercial versions of LISP or PROLOG out there for
>Amiga?

In my own (lightweight) use of them, I've used, and liked

Common Lisp
McCauley Software
Somewhere in Texas

and

UNH Prolog
University of New Hampshire

both were in the $70.00 range.

My use was for some AI classes at Cal State U, Hayward (Hay U), and
some at home hacking.  No giant expert systems!

Both are interpeters only.  McCauley added some graphics calls to
his Lisp.  Niether had hooks to 'C'.

McCauley used to put adverts in the back of Amiga World, but hasn't
for some time.  I hope he's still in business.  I assume the University
of New Hampshire is still in business!

Good Luck
Nhoj Nivram
jmarvin@oracle.com