[comp.sys.amiga] uucp and Telebit trailblazer's

jross@pilot.njin.net (Jeff Ross) (07/17/90)

I realize that this was discussed previously however at the time I
just skipped it because it was of no value to me at the time.

anyway, here's the problem, I just got a telebit trailblazer and
figured I would use it with Matt's uucp (V. 1.06) and well, it doesn't
work while using the spoofing.  I'll get errors in the logfile saying
that there was a bad line in the workfile, or the transfer might seem
like its going through, but in all reality its not being saved to
disk.  any ideas?

				Jeff
--
Just plain and simple....
arpa:  jross@pilot.njin.net

mstgil@supernet.UUCP (Marc Ph. A. J. St.-Gil) (07/25/90)

jross@pilot.njin.net (Jeff Ross) writes:
>anyway, here's the problem, I just got a telebit trailblazer and
>figured I would use it with Matt's uucp (V. 1.06) and well, it doesn't
>work while using the spoofing.  I'll get errors in the logfile saying
>that there was a bad line in the workfile, or the transfer might seem
>like its going through, but in all reality its not being saved to
>disk.  any ideas?
>				Jeff
>--
>Just plain and simple....
>arpa:  jross@pilot.njin.net
>uucp:  jeff@wisdom.UUCP  (uunet!tronsbox!wisdom!jeff)

I have encountered the same problem with my T1000.  I also found that I had
to call the 2400bps Packard bell modem to get things going.  I sent e-mail
to Matt Dillon, and he told me to turn off the "spoofing" (which I assume is
the UUCP g protocol support.)  Any connection in "Fast" mode seems to cause
a failure.  YUK!  Any sign of a fix, Matt?
--
Marc St.-Gil: Harris Adacom Corporation  Dallas, TX, USA   // Only the Amiga
Internet:     supernet!mstgil%iex.uucp@dept.csci.unt.edu  //  makes so much