[comp.sys.amiga] setclock question

jon@sun.udel.edu (Jonathan R Deutsch) (07/23/90)

Why is it when I use the setclock opt load command on some of my disks,
I get an "unknown command date" error message?
Is there something that needs to be on the disk for setclock to operate
correctly?
Any info appreciated.

       X-------------------+--------------+-----------------------X
       |  |   |\       | jon@sun.acs.udel.edu | "For my 2 cents,  |
       | \|on |/eutsch | \/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/ | I'd pay a dollar" |
       X------+--------------------+--------------------+---------X

eric@cbmvax.commodore.com (Eric Cotton) (07/24/90)

In article <12853@sun.udel.edu> jon@sun.udel.edu (Jonathan R Deutsch) writes:
>Why is it when I use the setclock opt load command on some of my disks,
>I get an "unknown command date" error message?
>Is there something that needs to be on the disk for setclock to operate
>correctly?
>Any info appreciated.

As I recall, the SetClock command executes the Date command after performing
the load or save.  It sounds like SetClock cannot find the Date command.
Is it missing from one of the disks you mention?  Does your path include
a directory where the Date command can be found (usually c:)?
--
Eric Cotton
Commodore-Amiga                                               (215) 431-9100

rmk@frog.UUCP (Rick Kelly) (07/26/90)

In article <12853@sun.udel.edu> jon@sun.udel.edu (Jonathan R Deutsch) writes:
>Why is it when I use the setclock opt load command on some of my disks,
>I get an "unknown command date" error message?
>Is there something that needs to be on the disk for setclock to operate
>correctly?
>Any info appreciated.

Setclock uses the date command to display the date and time.  The date command
must be somewhere along your execution path.

Rick Kelly	Charles River Data Systems	508-626-1011	rmk@frog.UUCP