[comp.sys.amiga] Snap

micke@slaka.sirius.se (Mikael Karlsson) (11/24/89)

In an article Michael Portuesi writes:
mikael> Ok folks, what would you like to see in the next release of Snap?
>Well, I'd like to see the original release first.  Didn't you say that
>you were going to send a copy of it to Bob Page?  Bob?

Snap appeared in alt.sources.amiga. I've later learned that a lot of
sites don't get the alt-groups. Sorry about that. Snap will also be
available on a Fish disk (#274). I don't know if someone has put it
on an ftp site.

A bug report: Snap dies a horrible death if 'clipboard.device' isn't
available. Hard disks tend to do that to programs.

Mikael Karlsson, Lovsattersvagen 10, S-585 98  LINKOPING, SWEDEN
micke@slaka.UUCP, micke@slaka.sirius.se
{mcvax,munnari,seismo}!enea!liuida!slaka!micke
C86.M-KARLSSON@LINUS.liu.se

ben@contact.uucp (Ben Eng) (11/28/89)

In article <4644.AA4644@slaka.sirius.se> micke@slaka.sirius.se (Mikael Karlsson) writes:
>A bug report: Snap dies a horrible death if 'clipboard.device' isn't
>available. Hard disks tend to do that to programs.

I've also noticed that Snap locks up the machine if I am currently in
the process of snapping some text and while I have the
Left-Amiga+LMouse button down, another program suddenly performs an
OpenWindow or OpenScreen on top of the boxed region.

I use Snap all the time because it is so useful.  But does the
graphics snapping mode have any practical utility at the moment?  Being
able to cut out bitmapped clip-art on the fly into its own window is
truly neat, but has anyone been able to do anything with it?

Ben
--
Ben Eng                  | ben@contact.uucp  _or_  ben@ziebmef.mef.org
150 Beverley St. Apt #1L | Bix: jetpen             ^^^-down for repair?

bevis@EE.ECN.PURDUE.EDU (Jeff Bevis) (12/03/89)

In article <1989Nov25.014500.22402@contact.uucp>, ben@contact.UUCP (Ben Eng) writes:
>I use Snap all the time because it is so useful.  But does the
>graphics snapping mode have any practical utility at the moment?  Being
>able to cut out bitmapped clip-art on the fly into its own window is
>truly neat, but has anyone been able to do anything with it?

Excuse me.  I believe I missed something here. Could someone please reveal
to me just what Snap is, whether it is public-domain, and (if so), where it
can be had (ie, which Fish disk).  I think this is going to be something I
would like to get a hold of, perhaps.

+--------------------------------+--------------------------------------------+
| Jeff Bevis 		         | "But I don't like spam!"		      |
| bevis@en.ecn.purdue.edu	 | 	     Give me Amiga or nothing at all. |
+--------------------------------+--------------------------------------------+

arc@desire.wright.edu (07/26/90)

In article <1990Jul25.011454.29711@wam.umd.edu>, walrus@wam.umd.edu (Udo K Schuermann) writes:
> In article <27435@swrinde.nde.swri.edu> kent@swrinde.nde.swri.edu (Kent D. Polk) writes:
>>
>>Is there any software which currently supports public Clipboard
>>operations for IFF ILBM (graphics)?
>
> Snap and VSnap do the clipping (handles both Text/Font recognition in console
> windows AND Graphics) and CBDump can dump the clipboard to a file.  Both from
> Fish Disk #326 and highly recommended!
>
>  ._.  Udo Schuermann             "Are you suggesting that coconuts migrate?"
>  ( )  walrus@cscwam.umd.edu                                  -- Monty Python

  Yes, I HIGHLY recommend Snap too.  But, I HAVE had a lockup on it.  And I do
use the WTFPatch3.  I've had two lockups with Snap 1.4, but I use it ALL the
time.

=    ///           | Jim Perry                 | Arc@Desire.Wright.edu =
=   /// Amiga!     | ^Communications Consultant|         -or-          =
= \XX/ The One     | Arc Electronics, Inc.     |    Arc@WSU.BITNET     =
= ____& Only...    | Wright State University   |"Ouch! Quit-it." - Bart=
=                  | Dayton, Ohio              |  Frank Sinatra Rules  =