[comp.sys.amiga] Amiga TC credits spotted

tep@tots.UUCP (Tom Perrine) (07/26/90)

I was flipping channels this weekend and a credit for

		Amiga 500 and Amiga 2000HD computers
		supplied by Commodore Business Machines

caught my eye. The show was "Out of Control" or somesuch on
Nickelodeon (the "kids" channel).

I may tune in next week to see just what they are doing with Amigas.
Its nice to see *some* credit given; I have seen several weather and
other graphics screens on the news that I would swear looked like
Amiga screen (from resolution and font appearance).
Tom Perrine (tep)                       |Internet: tep@tots.Logicon.COM
Logicon                                 |UUCP: nosc!hamachi!tots!tep
Tactical and Training Systems Division  |-or-  sun!suntan!tots!tep
San Diego CA                            |GENIE: T.PERRINE
"Harried: with preschoolers"            |+1 619 455 1330
Home of the _Tower Operator Training System_ as seen in the SunTech Journal.

rick@tmiuv0.uucp (07/27/90)

In article <163@tots.UUCP>, tep@tots.UUCP (Tom Perrine) writes:
> I was flipping channels this weekend and a credit for
>
> 		Amiga 500 and Amiga 2000HD computers
> 		supplied by Commodore Business Machines
>
> caught my eye. The show was "Out of Control" or somesuch on
> Nickelodeon (the "kids" channel).

Another bit of interesting stuff.  I caught the tail end of some game show on
MTV (no, I don't watch MTV.  I can't stand "rap" music) and one of the prizes
was.....an Amiga 500!  I thought it was strange, because the show was music
oriented, but the Amiga came with (gasp!) TextCraft Plus.  You would think
something musical would be more appropos.  Ah well.

Oh, and on PBS there's a program called "The ACME School of Stuff".  Most
of the graphics they use is done on (you guessed it) an Amiga.  It's an A1000,
though.  There's still life in the old girl yet!  (I use my 1000 every day).
The show is produced in Canada, I think.  It's on Saturday at about 11:00 a.m.
here in L.A.  It's an interesting show.

> Tom Perrine (tep)                       |Internet: tep@tots.Logicon.COM
> Logicon                                 |UUCP: nosc!hamachi!tots!tep
> Tactical and Training Systems Division  |-or-  sun!suntan!tots!tep
> San Diego CA                            |GENIE: T.PERRINE
> "Harried: with preschoolers"            |+1 619 455 1330
> Home of the _Tower Operator Training System_ as seen in the SunTech Journal.
[- O] Rick Stevens
  ?   EMail: uunet!zardoz!tmiuv0!rick -or- uunet!zardoz!xyclone!sysop
  V   CIS: 75006,1355 (75006.1355@compuserve.com from Internet)

"I'm tellin' ya, Valiant!  Da whole ting stinks like yesterday's diapers!"
                                - Baby Herman in "Who Framed Roger Rabbit?"