[comp.sys.amiga] A3000 and a genlock

pselver@ssi3b1.zone1.com (Peter Selverstone) (07/29/90)

In article <hclausen.1927@adspdk.CBMNET> hclausen@adspdk.CBMNET (Henrik Clausen) writes:
>>In article <1990Jul19.183813.14623@ssi3b1.zone1.com> pselver@ssi3b1.zone1.com (Peter Selverstone) writes:
>>A Genlock Compatibility Option is available for flickerFixer.
>
>   Is it possible to FlickerFix the output of a Genlock?
>
>   We have a project (about New Stereology), where the output of the Genlock
>will be watched closely for hours in a row, and we really want it totally
>flickerfree.
>
>                                      -Henrik

You should consider using a progressive scan monitor like the
Philips IDTV series.  This will deinterlace the composite video
output of a genlock.  However, if some care is taken in the
design of the graphic overlay, the result will be no worse
than ordinary television.
--
Peter Selverstone ...{mit-eddie,pyramid,datacube}!mirror!ssi3b1!pselver
Spy Pond Systems  pselver@ssi3b1.zone1.com