[comp.sys.amiga] xanth archives to move/reorganize

tadguy@abcfd01.larc.nasa.gov (Tad Guy) (07/29/90)

I am in the process of moving the Amiga sections of the Xanth Archives.

I've had trouble trying to properly maintain them because of the
slowness of the Internet between my machines at work and xanth, not to
mention the slowness of xanth itself.  These latencies are also the
cause of the slow turnaround in comp.sources.amiga (or at least I like
to think so...)

So, I'm moving the Amiga stuff closer to home, so to speak.  I'm also
moving my moderation stuff, which should explain the recent silence in
the amiga code groups.

The files on xanth will remain until the new archive site is fully
established.  At that time the Amiga files on xanth will be removed
and the login-message on xanth updated to indicate the new location of
the files.  I'll also be announcing the new location here.

I appreciate your support and patience.

	...tad

tadguy@abcfd01.larc.nasa.gov (Tad Guy) writes:
> I am in the process of moving the Amiga sections of the Xanth Archives.
> The files on xanth will remain until the new archive site is fully
> established.  At that time the Amiga files on xanth will be removed
> and the login-message on xanth updated to indicate the new location of
> the files.  I'll also be announcing the new location here.

Well, that wasn't too bad, was it?

The Amiga files from xanth.cs.odu.edu have been moved to

	abcfd20.larc.nasa.gov [128.155.23.64].

The anonymous ftp login message on xanth has been updated to indicate
this, and write-access to the /incoming/amiga directory on xanth has
been turned off, to prevent new uploads...

Persons wanting to upload new stuff should now upload to abcfd20.

This was only my part of the reorganization of the Xanth Archives.
The maintainers of the other sections may choose to do more...

[ Contrary to the above, I'll leave the existing Amiga files in place
  for at least a few days.  They may dissapear at any time, though... ]

	...tad