[comp.sys.amiga] AmigaVision included!

lon.leader@canremote.uucp (LON LEADER) (07/26/90)

>From: campbell@cbmvax.commodore.com (John Campbell - Marketing)
>Subj: Less comes with AmigaVision
>Orga: Commodore, West Chester, PA

>The AmigaVision version which will soon be shipped to A3000 owners
>and later bundled is not the original version which came with less.

>Additional information about changes and policies regarding
>AmigaVision will be announced shortly.

>The concept that what is shipped or sent to A3000 owners is
>incompatible is inaccurate, because AmigaVisions have not yet been
>shipped with A3000s.                ^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^
 ^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^
>John Campbell
>Senior Manager
>Software Applications

    ** BEEEEEP **  Wrong answer, John.

   My Amiga 3000, official release version, purchased from my local
dealer on July 06/90, came in a sealed box.  Inside was a shrink-
wrapped copy of AmigaVision, complete with nice slip-cased manual
and four Commodore labelled disks.

    This AmigaVision includes the LESS utility to display the disk
doc files, and it produces a 'software error' requestor as soon as
it is invoked.

    Lon Leader  (lon.leader@canremote.uucp)
---
 * Via ProDoor 3.1R

a665@mindlink.UUCP (Anthon Pang) (07/29/90)

In article <0beca82e581c26aea738@canremote.uucp>, lon.leader@canremote.uucp
writes:
> >From: campbell@cbmvax.commodore.com (John Campbell - Marketing)
> >Subj: Less comes with AmigaVision
> >Orga: Commodore, West Chester, PA
>
> >The AmigaVision version which will soon be shipped to A3000 owners
> >and later bundled is not the original version which came with less.
>
> >The concept that what is shipped or sent to A3000 owners is
> >incompatible is inaccurate, because AmigaVisions have not yet been
> >shipped with A3000s.                ^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^
>  ^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^
> >John Campbell
> >Senior Manager
> >Software Applications
>
>     ** BEEEEEP **  Wrong answer, John.
>
>    My Amiga 3000, official release version, purchased from my local
> dealer on July 06/90, came in a sealed box.  Inside was a shrink-
> wrapped copy of AmigaVision, complete with nice slip-cased manual
> and four Commodore labelled disks.
>
>     This AmigaVision includes the LESS utility to display the disk
> doc files, and it produces a 'software error' requestor as soon as
> it is invoked.

     <<< BONG >>>      [in stereo]      <<< GONG >>>

Please realize that Commodore Business Machines (Canada) is not Commodore (West
Chester, PA, USA).  Obviously, Mr Campbell's statement that AmigaVisions are
not yet being bundled with 3000's applies to the geographical United States.
Since you're posting from Canada Remote Systems, we can assume that your "local
dealer" is in Canada...where the distribution policy for AmigaVision is
different (separate marketing depts).  So, John's statement is/was correct.