[comp.sys.amiga] Wanted SCSI->MFM

Darin.Arrick@tlsi.FIDONET.ORG (Darin Arrick) (07/24/90)

To: All

I am trying to aqcuire a SCSI->MFM controller for a hard drive. Either
an Adaptec 4000A (no longer made) or an OMTI (I forgot the model number).
If you have one of these laying around, please contact me here in
c.s.a.

Thanks,
Darin Arrick, KB5KHR

--
Internet: Darin.Arrick@tlsi.FIDONET.ORG
UUCP: ...![convex!castle,egsner,smunews]!tlsi!Darin.Arrick

bscott@nyx.UUCP (Ben Scott) (07/31/90)

In article <3282.26AD44D1@tlsi.FIDONET.ORG> Darin.Arrick@tlsi.FIDONET.ORG (Darin Arrick) writes:
>I am trying to aqcuire a SCSI->MFM controller for a hard drive. Either
>an Adaptec 4000A (no longer made) or an OMTI (I forgot the model number).

Better still, could someone give me some information on these?  I have a
SCSI interface (A-590) and have an opportunity to obtain a ST-225 HD (it's
an exceptional deal, effectively free to me) but I know virtually nothing
about Adaptec (or other models) ST-506 to SCSI translator cards.

Please MAIL some info on how well they work (i.e. do they by any remote
chance support, as an example, the SCSI inquire command?  Probably not),
how they are powered or mounted (I don't exactly have an available slot
but I do have the use of a HD case for the drive and it can go there if
possible.  Also, where do I get one (just looked through a whole issue
of Hernia Monthly (a.k.a. Computer Shopper) and only saw ordinary Adaptec
controllers, no converters), how much can I expect to pay, which should
I get, and like he said, does anyone know of any for sale?

.                           <<<<Infinite K>>>>

--
|Ben Scott, professional goof-off and consultant at The Raster Image, Denver|