[comp.sys.amiga] An Almost Compliment - MacUser

PMXSG0%POPV03@dupont.com (08/01/90)

Check out the latest MacUser (Sept 1990) last page by John Dvorak.  It
mostly concerns the catfight between Mac and Windows 3.0, but he does
mention the Amiga "perhaps one of the finest multitasking GUI machines,".
Lest you think he is ready to write for AmigaWorld, John goes on to talk
about how this fine machine has not really captured much of the market.
So, nothing to get excited about, but nice to see our favorite machine
being mentioned. (:^)

hrlaser@crash.cts.com (Harv Laser) (08/01/90)

In article <26284@snow-white.udel.EDU> PMXSG0%POPV03@dupont.com writes:
>Check out the latest MacUser (Sept 1990) last page by John Dvorak.  It
>mostly concerns the catfight between Mac and Windows 3.0, but he does
>mention the Amiga "perhaps one of the finest multitasking GUI machines,".
>Lest you think he is ready to write for AmigaWorld, John goes on to talk
>about how this fine machine has not really captured much of the market.
>So, nothing to get excited about, but nice to see our favorite machine
>being mentioned. (:^)

While you're in a bookstore checking that out, also check out if the
store has yet received "DVORAK'S GUIDE TO DESKTOP TELECOMMUNICATIONS"
(Osborne-McGraw Hill, Berkeley CA, 1990, appx $29.95, appx 500 pgs)
which, if all went as planned, will have in it a 17-page chapter devoted
to the Amiga and Amiga telecomm.  This chapter was updated from the
one which was supposed to have gone into the original $50/1200 page
edition of the book that was released last Xmas but was cut at the last
minute due to space constraints.

Harv
Plink: CBM*HARV