[comp.sys.amiga] A1000 as MIDI device.

worden@premenos.uucp (Lee Worden) (07/31/90)

Anybody knows of software that allows my A1000 thru its ECE MIDI
to emulate a regular keyboard - that is, playing internal samples

Alternatively, I need info on hacking MIDI thru the serial port --
using the ECE if it makes any difference (I don't think).
Perhaps I get to set the SERB_RAD_BOOGIE bit?!

I have Music-X and I find on a disk some kind of a MIDI.device
or whatever in with the serial.device ... can I use this? or did
the creators of Music-X {highly recommended - great product}
build it for their internal use?

Any info about either of the above or where to find out...
greatly appreciated... mail not post, maybe I will summarize

thanks - Lee
~~~~ worden@toaster.sfsu.edu ~~~~~~~~  ames!pacbell!acsdev!worden !!!!!
<< Big words like CONSTANTINOPLE and KALAMAZOO >>

a808@mindlink.UUCP (David R. Matthews) (07/31/90)

I do beleive I have done this with your exact setup with Deluxe Music,
Soundscape Pro Midi, and Dr T's MRS. No hacking in hardware or software was
needed.

jer@stiatl.UUCP (John Ramspott) (08/02/90)

In article <1990Jul30.204358.4009@premenos.uucp> worden@premenos.UUCP (Lee Worden) writes:
>Anybody knows of software that allows my A1000 thru its ECE MIDI
>to emulate a regular keyboard - that is, playing internal samples

Bars and Pipes, in conjunction with the Internal Sounds Kit, can do this and
more. Bars & Pipes is simply the best sequencer/music program I have ever used
(it beats Dr. T's KCS, Midi Magic, Music-X, Soundscape, etc. Have not tried
something called Soundtrack Pro). You simply put the AmigaPhone tool on the
output stream and leave the input as MIDI In. This allows you to have the
midi info go in off your synth/keyboard/whatever, run it through whatever
tools and filters you want, store it, and output through more optional tools
into the AMigaPhone. As with all tools, you double click to set the
parameters, and one of those is the name of the IFF instrument you want to
have the Amiga play.

While I rarely use the AmigaPhone at home since I have a Roland U110 sound
module, I use it when I give demos at the store since the store synth is not
multi-timbral.

Bars and Pipes is available from Blue Ribbon Bakery. I have no association
with them except as an extremely satisfied customer. Bars and Pipes does for
music what Deluxe Paint III does for graphics. It is a very exciting and
creative product -> a true Amiga program.
--
John Ramspott						gatech!stiatl!jer
Sales Technologies, Inc