[comp.sys.amiga] Re^5 : Archon fixes

davids@utstat.uucp (David Scollnik) (08/02/90)

I tried sending this by personal e-mail, but it bounced ...
( something about the letter being addressed to the spool directory
at colorado.edu, for those who care about these things )

In article <24212@boulder.Colorado.EDU> judd@snoopy.Colorado.EDU wrote:

>	Archon runs fine under 1.2 - Like I said earlier, removing the memory
>board works, but is far too dangerous.  In just two days I have been sent
>three programs, offers for several more, Dan Barrett pointed out a program
>on new-xanth that will do it, people have offered custom programs, etc.

Might you please post or send me a summary of suggested archon fixes ??
And perhaps descibe the fix that finally worked for you ( hopefully ).
I have an Amiga 2000, and have tried several times to get Archon to run.
I've fond memories of playing this game on a friends Amy 1000, and still
consider it one of the best Amiga games I've seen.

I'm at a loss why E Arts won't issue a working re-release. It certainly
would beat BattleChess hands-down.

--
  David P.M. Scollnik         |   UUCP:   utstat!davids
  University of Toronto       |  bitnet:  davids@utstat.utoronto