[comp.sys.amiga] A1000 MIDI Interface for sale

cmcmanis@stpeter.Eng.Sun.COM (Chuck McManis) (08/03/90)

I've got an Amiga 1000 MIDI interface (in/out/thru) for the Amiga 1000
that I'd like to sell for $25. Let me know if you are interested, no
it won't work on the 500 or 2000. (I tried).

--
--Chuck McManis						    Sun Microsystems
uucp: {anywhere}!sun!cmcmanis   BIX: <none>   Internet: cmcmanis@Eng.Sun.COM

jmeissen@oregon.oacis.org ( Staff OACIS) (08/03/90)

In article <140050@sun.Eng.Sun.COM> cmcmanis@stpeter.Eng.Sun.COM (Chuck McManis) writes:
>I've got an Amiga 1000 MIDI interface (in/out/thru) for the Amiga 1000
>that I'd like to sell for $25. Let me know if you are interested, no
>it won't work on the 500 or 2000. (I tried).

If it's because it draws power from the serial port, it will work on the A2000. I,
too, had a MIDI interface from my A1000 days that I wanted to continue to use when
I upgraded....

You may know, but others don't, that the serial port as it's configured on the
A1000 appears on the motherboard of the A2000. A simple cable and connector from
an IBM PC routes it to one of the openings in the back. If the location can't
be extracted from the manuals or some other source let me know and I'll open mine
up.

--
John Meissen .............................. Oregon Advanced Computing Institute
jmeissen@oacis.org        (Internet) | "That's the remarkable thing about life;