[comp.sys.amiga] Snap, Crackle, Pop, on your monitor

joseph@valnet (Joseph Hillenburg) (07/31/90)

I have a weird problem. My 1084S AND my TV have been snapping. They also
have real bad static. The 1084S will pop all the time. I read an article
in Amazing Computing where you could fix old monitors by readjusting some
stuff. My TV has the same problem, exept the popping goes on and off...
Email would be easier for me to read, since I always read that...

-Joseph Hillenburg
                       ____
                      /////
                     /////
              ____  /////
              \\\\\/////

zaphod@ms.uky.edu (David E. Fields) (08/03/90)

joseph@valnet (Joseph Hillenburg) writes:

>I have a weird problem. My 1084S AND my TV have been snapping. They also
>have real bad static. The 1084S will pop all the time. I read an article
>in Amazing Computing where you could fix old monitors by readjusting some
>stuff. My TV has the same problem, exept the popping goes on and off...
>Email would be easier for me to read, since I always read that...

I've been having the same thing happen with my monitor too.  Its a
Magnavox 8cm515 (I think).  Essentialy, I think that this monitor was
the 1084 before C= switched to a different monitor for it.  One night
my monitor went fzzt, then the screen blanked and nothing would show.
My Amy was still working, but I couldn't see a thing.  I powered down
and then rebooted, and everything was fine.  What I want to know is
this dangerous to my Amy???  And is it possible for me to fix this
problem with my monitor myself?

Thanks in advance.  I'll post a summary if there is sufficient
interest.

--
David E. Fields            |  "No man is an island"  --????
zaphod@ms.uky.edu          |                        Conversely.....