[comp.sys.amiga] help: ZOO subdirectories

In <26483@snow-white.udel.EDU>, NJ_GOKEM%FANDM.BITNET@pucc.princeton.edu writes:
>Hi,
>This may sound really stupid but my ZOO does not create any subdirectories.
>All decrunched files always appear in the current directory.
>It there a way to keep the directory structure?
>So ZOO uses the allready existing subdirectories,
>or makes it's own?

zoo e// zoofilename

     or

zoo x// zoofilename

-larry

--
Sex is better than logic, but I can't prove it.

NJ_GOKEM%FANDM.BITNET@pucc.princeton.edu (08/03/90)

Thanks, Nils Gokemeijer (NJ_GOKEMEIJE@FANDM.bitnet)

madsax@maven.u.washington.edu (08/03/90)

In article <26483@snow-white.udel.EDU>, NJ_GOKEM%FANDM.BITNET@pucc.princeton.edu writes:
> Hi,
> This may sound really stupid but my ZOO does not create any subdirectories.
> All decrunched files always appear in the current directory.
> It there a way to keep the directory structure?
> So ZOO uses the allready existing subdirectories,
> or makes it's own?

Sure, try this:

	zoo x// NiftyStuff.zoo

that should cause zoo to recreate the directory structure of the
files as they were when they were originally zoo'ed.
(zoo will create subdirs, if need be.)

> Thanks, Nils Gokemeijer (NJ_GOKEMEIJE@FANDM.bitnet)

You're welcome.  :)

Mark A. DeLoura        Univ of Washington	madsax@milton.u.washington.edu

joseph@valnet (Joseph Hillenburg) (08/03/90)

NJ_GOKEM%FANDM.BITNET@pucc.princeton.edu writes:

> Hi,
> This may sound really stupid but my ZOO does not create any subdirectories.
> All decrunched files always appear in the current directory.
> It there a way to keep the directory structure?
> So ZOO uses the allready existing subdirectories,
> or makes it's own?
>
> Thanks, Nils Gokemeijer (NJ_GOKEMEIJE@FANDM.bitnet)

Well, just use the syntax:

zoo x// <archivename>

Hope that helps...

email replies requested...

-Joseph Hillenburg
InterNet: joseph@valnet                         UUCP: iuvax!valnet!joseph
PC-Link: Joe Hillenburg             Most other systems: Joseph Hillenburg
Don't buy a computer unless it's an Amiga - Me - AMIGA RULES! - AMIGA RUL