[comp.sys.amiga] Amiga - cable defacto standard

a143@mindlink.UUCP (Ed Meyer) (08/03/90)

Just to add another voice to the chorus, an associate and I are working with
local cable-tv people for future productions.  We evaluated various platforms
for inexpensive cable-ready capabilities and, as we we expected, the Amiga
comes out ahead generally speaking.
We suggested using the Amiga in the future work since we thought it to be the
defacto standard in the industry.  Not only did cable representatives agree but
they also mentioned that just the Vancouver site has 6 Amigas already.

So, at least in the local area, the Amiga is now the defacto standard for
inexpensive cable-ready (computer) platforms.  Finally.

hgm@ccvr1.ncsu.edu (Hal G. Meeks) (08/05/90)

In article <2709@mindlink.UUCP> a143@mindlink.UUCP (Ed Meyer) writes:
>Just to add another voice to the chorus, an associate and I are working with
>local cable-tv people for future productions.  We evaluated various platforms
>for inexpensive cable-ready capabilities and, as we we expected, the Amiga
>comes out ahead generally speaking.

I've been arguing this point for years.....

>So, at least in the local area, the Amiga is now the defacto standard for
>inexpensive cable-ready (computer) platforms.  Finally.

Not just locally. A/V Video Magazine did a survey about 6 months ago as
to which computer production houses were using. The Amiga came out way
ahead, with 45%. As a result, you will see at least one Amiga related
article in each month's publication, sometimes more. There are usually ads
for Amiga software and hardware as well.

So it's not nearly as bleak as some would like you to believe.

--hal

--
hgm@ccvr1.cc.ncsu.edu    "I'm _not_ looser than clams!"
netoprhm@ncsuvm.bitnet    Zoogz Rift  _Interim Resurgence_

msiskin@us.cc.umich.edu (Marc Siskin) (08/05/90)

In article <1990Aug4.233218.507@ncsuvx.ncsu.edu> hgm@ccvr1.ncsu.edu (Hal G. Meeks) writes:
>In article <2709@mindlink.UUCP> a143@mindlink.UUCP (Ed Meyer) writes:

(Deleted Referenced article)

>>So, at least in the local area, the Amiga is now the defacto standard for
>>inexpensive cable-ready (computer) platforms.  Finally.
>
>Not just locally. A/V Video Magazine did a survey about 6 months ago as
>to which computer production houses were using. The Amiga came out way
>ahead, with 45%. As a result, you will see at least one Amiga related
>article in each month's publication, sometimes more. There are usually ads
>for Amiga software and hardware as well.
>
>So it's not nearly as bleak as some would like you to believe.
>
>--hal
>--
>hgm@ccvr1.cc.ncsu.edu    "I'm _not_ looser than clams!"
>netoprhm@ncsuvm.bitnet    Zoogz Rift  _Interim Resurgence_

   Have you noticed that the Amiga SIG column hasn't been in A/V Magazine in
the past couple months?  However, Videography magazine had 2 good articles
about the Amiga this past month.  One was about the Penn and Teller demo of
the Video Toaster and the other was about the A3000.  The 3000 article was
good but the author is convinced that the A500 was the original Amiga followed
by the 1000 and 2000+.  :-\

     Marc Siskin,  Senior Media Designer, Language Lab U of Michigan
     Msiskin@shogun.us.cc.umich.edu
     Marc_Siskin@ub.cc.umich.edu