[net.general] ANSWERING MACHINES

@pesnta.UUCP (10/15/83)

From: Ed Featherston  HL01-1/P06  225-5241 <roll::featherston>

 Forwarded Message:

Newsgroup : net.general
>From : BANZAI::MRVAX::USRGRP       "HELP LINE X4960 MR1-2/E69"   20-SEP-1983 10:06 *
Subject: RE. ANSWERING MACHINES

1)Model	DUOFONE TAD-115 (radio shack)

2)Price $205. 	(about two years ago)

3)Message lenth 20sec outgoing, 3min incoming

4)Features	Tone key remote control to check on calls from any phone
		at any time from any where.

		Records bothe sides of the conversation,( if you want to

		take the call)

		Call monitor to listen without picking up the phone.

		Selectable ring delay, 1 to 10 rings.

		Can be user as a standard tape recorder

		Two cassette operation

		VOX operation (up to three minutes) with a 10 sec release time.

5)Misfeatures	In two years it has had to be seviced for a blown chip.
		(and this required the machine to be out of service for 3 weeks)		(They did give me a really cheapo loaner)

6)Comments	Overall I'm pleased with the machine, it has saved me a lot
		of time and trouble. You will find though, that people do not
		like talking to a machine and the chances are about 60 -40 that
		they will hang up and not say a word. *RICK*

		Mail address : ...decvax!decwrl!"BANZAI::MRVAX::USRGRP"

 End Forwarded Message

Please note that this mail message is likely to be incomplete.
The sender aborted the transmission.

	RHEA::MAILER-DAEMON