[comp.sys.amiga] Help needed for rs1 and rs2 demos on xanth/new site

eretherf@math-cs.kent.edu (Eric Von Retherford) (07/30/90)

Can anyone tell me how to get the rs1 and rs2 demos off of xanth? They are
both to big to unwarp to a couple of floppies because they are both
over a million bytes each!!??!!?? Has ANYONE downloaded this demo?? Can we
set up a trade??

Another quick question: Is there anyplace where I can get "less" ??

Thanks for the help!

Eric Retherford
.

d87-khd@sm.luth.se (Karl-Gunnar Hultland) (08/07/90)

In article <1990Jul30.132500.18032@math-cs.kent.edu> eretherf@math-cs.kent.edu (Eric Von Retherford) writes:
>Can anyone tell me how to get the rs1 and rs2 demos off of xanth? They are
>both to big to unwarp to a couple of floppies because they are both
>over a million bytes each!!??!!?? Has ANYONE downloaded this demo?? Can we
>set up a trade??

To clear things up a bit (since I am the one who put them on Xanth)
The reason they are so big is that I was forced to use the MFM option
in warp to get them to warp correctly...
At first I tried to use the warp command without any options but then
they wouldn't work! (In fact they gurued) then I tried the other
option that I knew of then... thats the MFM option.
The advantage is that they worked, the disadvantage is the size (from
~500kB normal warp to >1.2MB with MFM)

Later on someone pointed out to me (I think it was Tad) that there
exists another option for warp which should work just fine.
But since I'll have to carry my Amy to the school to get it over
with reasonable speed I haven't had the time to do it.

				Karl

Ps. I used my HD to get them on a disk, if you know anyone with a HD
ask them for help otherwise wait until I find the strength to carry
my "box" again...

---

Karl Hultland,(d87-khd@sm.luth.se)
University of Lulea,Sweden

Egoist: a person of low taste, more interested in himself than in me.
						- A. Bierce