[comp.sys.amiga] JRCOMM probs

n350bq@tamuts.tamu.edu (Duane Fields) (08/03/90)

As of yet I am unable to make Jrcomm 1.0 work w/ my 2500. With or without the
68030.  I have plenty of ram, but every time I run it, it sits there for a few
seconds, then freezes, and finally gurus. Any ideas?

Duane

jprad@faatcrl.UUCP (Jack Radigan) (08/04/90)

n350bq@tamuts.tamu.edu (Duane Fields) writes:

>As of yet I am unable to make Jrcomm 1.0 work w/ my 2500. With or without the
>68030.  I have plenty of ram, but every time I run it, it sits there for a few
>seconds, then freezes, and finally gurus. Any ideas?

Sounds like the 2091 controller bug (and one in JR-Comm too).  Get a copy of
590FIX and run it in your startup-sequence.

  -jack-

joseph@valnet (Joseph Hillenburg) (08/04/90)

n350bq@tamuts.tamu.edu (Duane Fields) writes:

> As of yet I am unable to make Jrcomm 1.0 work w/ my 2500. With or without the
> 68030.  I have plenty of ram, but every time I run it, it sits there for a fe
> seconds, then freezes, and finally gurus. Any ideas?
>
> Duane

There are two JR-Comm 1.0 patch programs on FynaLogic BBS. DynaLogic is
listed in the JR-Comm 1.0 docs. The intro on DynaLogic will tell you
which two files to download. The reason (I'm assuming you really have a
2500/30, which is what I have) that JR-Comm gurus is that there is a
conflict between JR-Comm and the 2091 hard drive controller. There is
another problem which I can't remember about. The patches are HIGHLY
recommended. In fact, if it weren't for then, I wouln't be typing this
reply right now.

-Joseph Hillenburg
InterNet: joseph@valnet                         UUCP: iuvax!valnet!joseph
PC-Link: Joe Hillenburg             Most other systems: Joseph Hillenburg
Don't buy a computer unless it's an Amiga - Me - AMIGA RULES! - AMIGA RUL

crazyrat@disk.UUCP (@jap) (08/07/90)

On a completely different note...  When I run JRCOMM 1.0 (I haven't gotten
the reg info yet, jack :)), and I have MachII (v2.5) resident, the term screen
causes a guru on my machine.  What happens is that the machii gadget comes
forward onto the jrcomm screen REAL big and then the screen splits and turns
a bunch of pretty colors and then finally dies..

Is there any way I can use MachII and JRCOMM together?  This doesn't happen
with VLT; those two together work just fine.

Signed,
A finicky jrcomm ab-user

Joel

--
Joel C. Justen      Crazyrat Productions Ltd.
disc:  who cares?   CRAZYRAT@DISK.UUCP