[comp.sys.amiga] New stuff on ABCFD20...

tadguy@abcfd01.larc.nasa.gov (Tad Guy) (08/03/90)

Several things concerning the anonymous ftp archives on abcfd20.larc.nasa.gov:

o A complete list of the files available, including their sizes, is
  available in /FILES.Z.  This file is updated nightly.

o I've rearranged the /amiga/demos directory.  It now contains (currently)
  three subdirectories: commercial/, euro/, and traditional/.  The BADGE
  demos are under traditional/; the idea of keeping the ``European''-style
  demos separate comes from hecktd@sct60a.sunyct.edu (tim heck d), who
  argued that because of the distinctive style of the euro-demos, that they
  should be separate to make them easier to find.  As time permits, I'll be
  moving more of these demos from /incoming/amiga to /amiga/demos/euro.

o The Neptune flyby images that have been in /incoming/amiga for
  ages (contributed by Joe Smith <JMS@F74.TYMNET.COM>) have been placed in
  /amiga/graphics/images/neptune.  I've reorganized them into the way
  outlined in the ``contents'' file, which is also the README in that
  directory.  The /amiga/graphics hierarchy is new: I'll be rearranging
  stuff from /amiga into there, and making other new hierarchies.

o I'm slowly converting .zoo files into .lzh files in /amiga.  Several
  people have been hounding me to do this for a long time, but quite
  frankly, xanth just didn't have to cpu power to tackle something like
  this.  I'll not be doing the whole thing, only stuff as I get to it.

More to come...

	...tad

jwright@cfht.hawaii.edu (Jim Wright) (08/05/90)

tadguy@abcfd01.larc.nasa.gov (Tad Guy) writes:
|o I'm slowly converting .zoo files into .lzh files in /amiga.  Several
|  people have been hounding me to do this for a long time, but quite
|  frankly, xanth just didn't have to cpu power to tackle something like
|  this.  I'll not be doing the whole thing, only stuff as I get to it.

Does this mean you have a unix program for reading/writing .lzh files?
Is it available?

--
Jim Wright
jwright@quonset.cfht.hawaii.edu

amiga@uhccux.uhcc.Hawaii.Edu (Boing) (08/05/90)

In article <jwright.649802705@quonset> jwright@cfht.hawaii.edu (Jim Wright) writes:
|tadguy@abcfd01.larc.nasa.gov (Tad Guy) writes:
||o I'm slowly converting .zoo files into .lzh files in /amiga.  Several
||  people have been hounding me to do this for a long time, but quite
||  frankly, xanth just didn't have to cpu power to tackle something like
||  this.  I'll not be doing the whole thing, only stuff as I get to it.
|
|Does this mean you have a unix program for reading/writing .lzh files?
|Is it available?

I'd be interested in a decent unix lharc program as well.  someday I'll get
around to seriously reworking the archive here...  *sigh*

--
  //boingboingboingboingboingboingboingboingboingboingboingboingboingboing//
\X/  								        \X/

jwright@cfht.hawaii.edu (Jim Wright) in <jwright.649802705@quonset> writes:

	Does this mean you have a unix program for reading/writing .lzh files?
	Is it available?

Dunno about Tad, but I have a copy of lharc that runs just fine under HP-UX,
UTS (Amdahl), SysV (3B1), and A/UX.  I believe it was posted to either the
comp.sources.misc or comp.sources.unix newsgroups earlier this year, meaning
it's available at all archive sites (for either ftp or uucp retrieval).  This
lharc creates and unpacks *.lzh files to/from the Amiga just fine.  Suggest
you check an archive site near you.

Thad

Thad Floryan [ thad@cup.portal.com (OR) ..!sun!portal!cup.portal.com!thad ]

tadguy@abcfd01.larc.nasa.gov (Tad Guy) (08/05/90)

In article <jwright.649802705@quonset> jwright@cfht.hawaii.edu (Jim Wright) writes:
> |o I'm slowly converting .zoo files into .lzh files in /amiga.
>
> Does this mean you have a unix program for reading/writing .lzh files?

Yes.  UNIX Lharc appeared March 10th in comp.sources.misc.  It should
be available from most comp.sources.misc archive sites in volume11/lharc.
(A patch was also posted March 30th).

The code itself uses some ANSI-C constructs, but it's easy enough to make
work with non-ANSI compilers.  Now if only someone would do something
about the user interface...

	...tad

terry@helios.ucsc.edu (Terry Ricketts) (08/06/90)

>jwright@cfht.hawaii.edu (Jim Wright) in <jwright.649802705@quonset> writes:
>
>	Does this mean you have a unix program for reading/writing .lzh files?
>	Is it available?

   We have had the Unix source for lharc for at least 5 months. It compiled &
runs fine on both our Sun 3 and Sun 4 machines. I don't remember what site we
got it from, but it is available.
					Terry

| Terry Ricketts			|  Internet: terry@helios.ucsc.edu
| Senior Electronics Engineer		|  	     loel@helios.ucsc.edu
| Lick Observatory Electronics Lab	|  Phone:    408-459-2110
| University of Calif, Santa Cruz 	|

jma@beach.cis.ufl.edu (John 'Vlad' Adams) (08/07/90)

How soon people forget!  Xanth.Cs.Odu.Edu has a perfectly fine-working
UNIX Lharc program.  It's in the incoming directory (somewhere... :)
--
John  M.  Adams    --**--    Professional Student on the six-year plan!     ///
Internet:   jma@beach.cis.ufl.edu   -or-   vladimir@maple.circa.ufl.edu    ///