[comp.sys.amiga] Extended topics from the intro to comp.sys.amiga.tech

w-edwinh@microsoft.UUCP (Edwin Hoogerbeets) (10/02/89)

Some topics that had to be deleted from the intro postings due to size
and some that were too big in the first place are still available from
me via email:

,COL   All dem [screen] colors during boot
         hah@mipon3.intel.com (Hans Hansen)
,SID   Putting the Amiga 2000 on its side. Is it possible?
         edwin@hcr.UUCP
,CPU   Is 14.32MHz too fast for my expansion RAM?
         daveh@cbmvax.UUCP
,WED   Address of the Wedge people.
         stan@teroach.UUCP
,MAC   A2000 vs B2000, which machine is which?
         daveh@cbmvax.UUCP
,SUR   comp.sys.amiga survey, opinions from the net
         uunet!rice.edu!carson
,GUR   GURU-NUMBERS (what they mean)
         bryce@hoser.berkeley.edu (Bryce Nesbitt)
         (current address: bryce@cbmvax)
,ATEX  AmigaTeX: PD vs. Commercial (a review)
         a27@nikhefh.nikhef.nl (Marcel Prins)
,FIX   Fix that baby! (a report on what goes flaky in Amigas)
         erk@americ.UUCP (Erick Parsons)

Please email me if you are interested in getting this. (55K of stuff)

Edwin

w-edwinh@microsoft.UUCP (Edwin Hoogerbeets) (11/01/89)

[...]

,FIX   Fix that baby! (a report on what goes flaky on Amigas)
         erk@americ.UUCP (Erick Parsons)
,2500  Can I get a 2500 UX?
         papa@pollux.usc.edu (Marco Papa)
,SUP   Supra Controllers and SCSI ID's
         thad@cup.portal.com (Thad P Floryan)
,KIK   Crashing all the way to Kickstart 1.3 (*the solution*)
         bryce@cbmvax
,UUCP  What is UUCP?
         hengeem!smith@aic.nrl.navy.mil (Russ Smith)
,CONV  Repost on XXX -> IFF conversion.
         gilchrid@dvinci.usask.ca (Darren Gilchrist)

Please email me if you are interested in getting this (65K of stuff), or
if you want to be put on a permanent mailing list.

Edwin

w-edwinh@microsoft.UUCP (Edwin Hoogerbeets) (11/29/89)

[...]

,LED   What does flashing caps lock LED mean?
         bjc@pollux.UUCP
,CLI   How to close the initial CLI
         hcr!edwin
,REV   Amiga Review
         wizard@sosaria.UUCP (Chris Brand)
,AMIX  Can Amix be run on a stock 2000?
         daveh@cbmvax.UUCP (Dave Haynie)

Please email me if you are interested in getting this (97K of stuff), or
if you want to be put on a permanent mailing list of people who receive
this info every month.

Edwin

ehoogerbeets@rose.waterloo.edu (Edwin Hoogerbeets) (01/07/90)

[...]

,HAM   What is HAM?
         Tom Limoncelli <limonce@pilot.njin.net>
,010   Need information about 68010.
         scott@ssgp32.UU.NET (Scott Evernden)

Please email me if you are interested in getting this (100K of stuff), or
if you want to be put on a permanent mailing list of people who receive
this info every month.

Edwin
ehoogerbeets@rose.waterloo.edu     or edwin@watcsc.waterloo.edu
uunet!watmath!watrose!ehoogerbeets or uunet!watmath!watcsc!edwin

tadguy@cs.odu.edu (Tad Guy) (02/03/90)

In article <20381@watdragon.waterloo.edu> ehoogerbeets@rose.waterloo.edu (Edwin Hoogerbeets) writes:
> Some topics that had to be deleted from the intro postings due to size
> and some that were too big in the first place are still available. They
> may be aquired via anonymous ftp from xanth.cs.odu.edu (128.82.8.1)

It's now available as /amiga/csa-intro.zoo:

-rw-r--r--  1 tadguy   public     115361 Feb  3 10:01 /amiga/csa-intro.zoo

Archive csa-intro.zoo:
Length    CF  Size Now  Date      Time
--------  --- --------  --------- --------
  106377  48%    55407  31 Jan 90 20:12:12     intro-extended
   61710  47%    32415  31 Jan 90 20:57:18     intro.feb90
   51637  47%    27188  31 Jan 90 21:02:10     tintro.feb90
--------  --- --------  --------- --------
  219724  48%   115010     3 files

	...tad

ehoogerbeets@rose.waterloo.edu (Edwin Hoogerbeets) (03/04/90)

Some topics that had to be deleted from the intro postings due to size
and some that were too big in the first place are still available. They
may be aquired via anonymous ftp from xanth.cs.odu.edu (128.82.8.1)
under amiga/csa-intro.zoo [thanks Tad!] or via email directly from me.
These topics are:

[...]
,SH    Summary of Features of Various Amiga Shells
         w-edwinh@microsoft.UUCP (Edwin Hoogerbeets)
,BADGE Who and what is BADGE?
         thad@cup.portal.com (Thad P Floryan)
,ECS   How to get RAD: to recover with the new Agnus
         adam@cbmvax.UUCP (Adam Levin - CATS)
       New Agnus for older B2000s
         daveh@cbmvax.UUCP (Dave Haynie)
,EXE   Execute script errors
         Tom Limoncelli <limonce@pilot.njin.net>
,AMAX  Do you need a Mac drive to use AMax?
         douglee@becker.UUCP (Doug Lee)
,CABLE Printer cable pinouts
         valentin@cbmvax.commodore.com (Valentin Pepelea)
,030   Comparison of GVP 030, A2630, A2630
         keithh@bnr.ca (Keith Hanlan)
,EDU   Educational Pricing and INFO
         ggibeau@ucqais.uc.edu (George Bibeau)

Please email me if you are interested in getting this (126K of stuff), or

w-edwinh@microsoft.UUCP (Edwin HOOGERBEETS) (05/02/90)

Some topics that had to be deleted from the intro postings due to size
and some that were too big in the first place are still available. They
may be aquired via anonymous ftp from xanth.cs.odu.edu (128.82.8.1)
under amiga/csa-intro.zoo [thanks Tad!] or via email directly from me.
These topics are:

,SER   The New A500 Service Program
         lauren@cbmvax.commodore.com (Lauren Brown - CATS)
,AT    Questions [and answers] on AT Bridgeboard
         higgin@cbmvax.UUCP (Paul Higginbottom)
[...]

Please email me if you are interested in getting this (133K of stuff), or

w-edwinh@microsoft  or  uunet!microsoft!w-edwinh

w-edwinh@microsoft.UUCP (Edwin HOOGERBEETS) (06/02/90)

[...]

,500   New A500 Service Program
         lauren@cbmvax.commodore.com (Lauren Brown - CATS)
,LAT   Lattice's phone numbers
         walker@sas.UUCP (Doug Walker)
,MULT  What is Amiga multitasking?
         FILLMORE%EMRCAN.bitnet@ugw.utcs.utoronto.ca
,SEA   Seagate drive error messages via light flashing
         thad@cup.portal.com (Thad P Floryan)
,COPY  Software and copyrights
         papa@pollux.usc.edu (Marco Papa)
,BENCH Benchmarking results (Amiga vs. many other computers)
         gilgalad@dip.eecs.umich.edu (Ralph Seguin)
,HID   Hidden messages in AmigaOS 1.0, 1.1
         dueker@xenon.arc.nasa.gov (Chris Dueker)
,2ECS  AmigaOS2.0/ECS Graphics Modes
         peter@cbmvax.commodore.com (Peter Cherna)

Please email me if you are interested in getting this (160K of stuff), or

w-edwinh@microsoft.UUCP (Edwin HOOGERBEETS) (07/04/90)

[...]

,BITFTP How to use the Bitnet FTP Server
         tadguy@cs.odu.edu (Tad Guy)

Please email me if you are interested in getting this (165K of stuff), or

w-edwinh@microsoft.UUCP (Edwin HOOGERBEETS) (08/08/90)

[...]

,FLIC  Q&A about the flickerFixer and AmigaDOS 2.0
         ssi3b1!pselver
,IO    How to do unbuffered I/O (code samples)
         david@starsoft.UUCP (Dave Lowrey)
,MAP   Maple info (a symbolic math package -- pricing and how to get it)
         giguere@csg.UWaterloo.CA (Eric Giguere)

Please email me if you are interested in getting this (181K of stuff), or

tadguy@abcfd01.larc.nasa.gov (Tad Guy) (08/08/90)

In article <56375@microsoft.UUCP> w-edwinh@microsoft.UUCP (Edwin HOOGERBEETS) writes:
> Some topics that had to be deleted from the intro postings due to size and
> some that were too big in the first place are still available. They may be
> aquired via anonymous ftp from xanth.cs.odu.edu (128.82.8.1) under
> amiga/csa-intro.zoo [thanks Tad!] or via email directly from me.

The extended topics are now located on abcfd20.larc.nasa.gov [128.155.23.64]
as /amiga/csa-intro.lzh.  The copy on xanth is stagnant.

	...tad