[comp.sys.amiga] Simple amiga graphics using Lattice C

charbonn@pisces.crd.ge.com (Mr. Neutron) (08/08/90)

Could someone please email me (or post) an example of simple line
drawing using Lattice C. I am enrolling in a graduate class in computer
graphics in the fall and I want to use my amiga to do my assignments
with. However the Lattice C manual gives no examples of the
necessary  library calls one must do to setup the amiga to do graphics.
the simpler the example the better ( line drawing or the like,
ray tracing would be too complex) thanks for your help, I am
looking forward to programming the amiga.

email to   charbonneau@crd.ge.com

michael

| Michael R. Charbonneau               | It goes on all day long   |
| GE Corporate Research & Development  | Everyone knows everything |
| Control Systems Laboratory           | No one is ever wrong      |
| Schenectady NY 12345                 | 	until later...     |

ken@cbmvax.commodore.com (Ken Farinsky - CATS) (08/08/90)

In article <10844@crdgw1.crd.ge.com> charbonn@pisces.crd.ge.com (Mr. Neutron) writes:

>Could someone please email me (or post) an example of simple line
>drawing using Lattice C...However the Lattice C manual gives no examples of the
>necessary  library calls one must do to setup the amiga to do graphics.

The lattice manual does not give examples on calling the Amiga OS.
You need the following books by Addison Wesley:

	Amiga ROM Kernel Reference Manual:  Libraries and Devices
	# examples on the use of many system calls.
	ISBN 0-201-18187-8

	Amiga ROM Kernel Reference Manual:  Includes and Autodocs
	# system call reference manual.
	ISBN 0-201-18177-0

There is also a book called "The AmigaDOS Manual", published by
Bantam that documents the dos library.  Additionally, you should look
into a number of third-party books that document the system.

All of these books are available at your local book store.

Ken Farinsky - CATS - (215) 431-9421 - Commodore Business Machines
uucp: ...{uunet,rutgers}!cbmvax!ken
bix:  kfarinsky

jmeissen@oregon.oacis.org ( Staff OACIS) (08/08/90)

In article <10844@crdgw1.crd.ge.com> charbonn@pisces.crd.ge.com (Mr. Neutron) writes:
>Could someone please email me (or post) an example of simple line
>drawing using Lattice C. I am enrolling in a graduate class in computer

The Lattice compiler comes with several example programs in a directory called
"Examples" on one of the distribution disks. One of them is a simple line
drawing program similar to the original Amiga 'lines' demo.

--
John Meissen .............................. Oregon Advanced Computing Institute
jmeissen@oacis.org        (Internet) | "That's the remarkable thing about life;

ragg0270@uxa.cso.uiuc.edu (Richard Alan Gerber) (08/09/90)

In article <13701@cbmvax.commodore.com> ken@cbmvax (Ken Farinsky - CATS) writes:
[ good advice deleated ]

>	Amiga ROM Kernel Reference Manual:  Libraries and Devices
>	# examples on the use of many system calls.
>	ISBN 0-201-18187-8
>
>	Amiga ROM Kernel Reference Manual:  Includes and Autodocs
>	# system call reference manual.
>	ISBN 0-201-18177-0
>
>There is also a book called "The AmigaDOS Manual", published by
>Bantam that documents the dos library.  Additionally, you should look
>into a number of third-party books that document the system.
>
>All of these books are available at your local book store.
Good advice. This, however, is not true.
Amiga-specific books are very hard to find.