[comp.sys.amiga] WB Backround

dusek@motcid.UUCP (James P. Dusek) (08/09/90)

	I have a program that puts a 4 color picture into the workbence
backround.I like it much better than the plain color backrounds.I was
woundering if there was a program that allowed 16 color or more pictures
in the backround,or maybe even ham pictures.I know WB is only 4 colors
but I'm hopeing theres away around that.

					James P Dusek

					Motorola FSD

BTW The program is SIMGEN and I got it from GEnie.There's some
really good art with it.

bdraschk@faui09.informatik.uni-erlangen.de (Bernd Raschke) (08/10/90)

dusek@motcid.UUCP (James P. Dusek) writes:
>woundering if there was a program that allowed 16 color or more pictures
>in the backround,or maybe even ham pictures.I know WB is only 4 colors
Ooops. 32 colours or HAM --> 320x256 pixels! a workbench with such
dimensons would be no good :(

BTW: once upon a time i got SIMGEN, but couldn't get it to work on my
ca. 720x288 screen... The same sad story with Virtgif, Gravity Wars
and many, many others...
We Europeans pay for additional luxury and we would like to use it, too

--
Bernd 'The Real Arthur!' Raschke           | Only    //
bdraschk@faui09.informatik.uni-erlangen.de |     \\ // Amiga

kgs@cunixb.cc.columbia.edu (Kok G Sang) (08/11/90)

In article <bdraschk.650234622@faui09> bdraschk@faui09.informatik.uni-erlangen.de (Bernd Raschke) writes:
>dusek@motcid.UUCP (James P. Dusek) writes:
>>woundering if there was a program that allowed 16 color or more pictures
>>in the backround,or maybe even ham pictures.I know WB is only 4 colors
>Ooops. 32 colours or HAM --> 320x256 pixels! a workbench with such
>dimensons would be no good :(
>
>BTW: once upon a time i got SIMGEN, but couldn't get it to work on my
>ca. 720x288 screen... The same sad story with Virtgif, Gravity Wars
>and many, many others...
>We Europeans pay for additional luxury and we would like to use it, too
>
>>					James P Dusek

Is there a program available to put a picture on an interlaced workbench
background. Must the picture be 'interlaced'?

Thanks.
-Kok