[comp.sys.amiga] Info/Opinions on multisyncs wanted

grx1042@uoft02.utoledo.edu (Steve Snodgrass) (07/19/90)

   Well, it looks like I'll be in the market for a multisync in the near future
(like a few weeks), so I thought I'd ask for opinions/recommendations.

   I need a multisync that I can hook up to my A500, and one that will work
with the new Denise and the A3000 if I ever get either of 'em.  I don't see
this as being a major problem, given the cable.

   I definitely want to avoid the "huge border" problem, so I need one with
sizing controls - preferably vertical and horizontal (do you need both for
optimum results??).

   I'm also looking for info/opinions on these or other models:

     Mitsubishi Diamond Scan
     Princeton Graphics Ultra 12" or 14"
     Panasonic FXC1391 PanaSync
     Taxan 770+

   I'd also welcome mail-order sources for the monitors or cables, especially
if the monitor you're going to mention isn't listed above.

   Send me email and I'll post a summary of the responses!

 Steve Snodgrass - Ph'ran |SUBTEC - Student Union Board Technical Services|
Green Rider of Telgar Weyr|Turbosound - the only way to fly.    TMS-4     |
--------------------------|-----------------------------------------------|
GRX1042@uoft02.utoledo.edu|"It had limited capability, with a mere hundred|
GRX1042@uoft02.BITNET     | thousand gigabytes of RAM" -Jack L. Chalker   |
"Who explains the dreams we know/Carry us through from day to day" -me

jms@tardis.Tymnet.COM (Joe Smith) (08/11/90)

In article <1990Jul18.131143.1144@uoft02.utoledo.edu> grx1042@uoft02.utoledo.edu (Steve Snodgrass) writes:
>I'm asking for opinions/recommendations on multisync monitors.
>   I definitely want to avoid the "huge border" problem, so I need one with
>sizing controls - preferably vertical and horizontal (do you need both for
>optimum results??).

The A1950 monitor from Commodore has vertical and horizontal size controls.
Have you tried looking at one of them at your friendly Amiga dealer?
They look fine on the Amiga 3000.
--
Joe Smith (408)922-6220 | SMTP: jms@tardis.tymnet.com or jms@gemini.tymnet.com
BT Tymnet Tech Services | UUCP: ...!{ames,pyramid}!oliveb!tymix!tardis!jms