[comp.sys.amiga] U of Lowell Borad?

gsg0384@uxa.cso.uiuc.edu (08/11/90)

tdesjardins@lion.uwaterloo.ca wrote:

> Which according Dr. Reubhan ( I'm terrible with names ) means that
> 3000s with UNIX have been released, eventhough SYS Vr4 is still in Beta.
> Along with the U of Lowell graphics board I was very impressed by the
> overall speed that this combination provided.

What is U of Lowell graphics board?   What feature does it have?   What
about the compatibility and the performance?

Thanks for the info.

	-GHS-

tdesjardins@lion.uwaterloo.ca (Tim Desjardins) (08/12/90)

In article <46200110@uxa.cso.uiuc.edu> gsg0384@uxa.cso.uiuc.edu writes:

>tdesjardins@lion.uwaterloo.ca wrote:
>
>> Which according Dr. Reubhan ( I'm terrible with names ) means that
>> 3000s with UNIX have been released, eventhough SYS Vr4 is still in Beta.
>> Along with the U of Lowell graphics board I was very impressed by the
>> overall speed that this combination provided.
>
>What is U of Lowell graphics board?   What feature does it have?   What
>about the compatibility and the performance?
>
>Thanks for the info.
>
>	-GHS-

It's an 1024 X 1024 X 8 bit graphics card with a Texas Instruments 34010
running at 60Mhz. It's quite fast from what I've seen, but I haven't seen
alot of 8-bit X implementations to compare it with. There are currently
optimised X window server software for the board under UNIX, but
apperantly there's no AmigaDos support for it yet. The board is nearing
completion and is about to be released ( second hand info at best don't
believe me ). It will most likely be released with UNIX since they
complement each other so well.

Hope this helps.

--
Tim Desjardins.                       tdesjardins@lion.waterloo.{edu|CA}
"It's better to regret something you have done, then to regret something