[comp.sys.amiga] ss help

In <3954@crash.cts.com>, pierre@pro-graphics.cts.com (Pierre Altamore) writes:
>I need a little help with a few lines i'm trying to implement in my startup
>sequence. I need to check if RAD: exists, but the way i'm doing it is
>producing an undesirable system requester asking me to put RAD: in any drive.
>
>if not exists RAD:

Try:

assign >NIL: RAD: EXISTS
if NOT WARN
   commandreq "execute sys:s/radup-sequence" yes 10
endif

-larry

--
It is not possible to both understand and appreciate Intel CPUs.
    -D.Wolfskill

pierre@pro-graphics.cts.com (Pierre Altamore) (08/16/90)

I need a little help with a few lines i'm trying to implement in my startup

sequence. I need to check if RAD: exists, but the way i'm doing it is

producing an undesirable system requester asking me to put RAD: in any drive.

The line I now have (and want to be conditional) is:

commandreq "execute sys:s/radup-sequence" yes 10

which puts up a requester asking me if I want execute my radup-sequence which

mounts RAD:, copys df0: to RAD: and assigns everything there.  The only time

i'd like this line to be executed is if RAD: doesn't already exist, so I tried

this:

if not exists RAD:

 commandreq "execute sys:s/radup-sequence" yes 10

else

 execute sys:s/radup-sequence

endif

If i'm doing this wrong, how can I check for RAD: without getting that &@^*&

requester asking me to put RAD: in any drive?

Thanks in advance..
      UUCP: ...crash!pro-graphics!pierre   |    Critical Mass Software
  ARPA/DDN: pro-graphics!pierre@nosc.mil   |    P.O. Box 23
  Internet: pierre@pro-graphics.cts.com    |    Short Hills, NJ 07078

joe@cbmvax.commodore.com (Joe O'Hara - Product Assurance) (08/16/90)

In article <3954@crash.cts.com> pierre@pro-graphics.cts.com (Pierre Altamore) writes:
>I need a little help with a few lines i'm trying to implement in my startup
>sequence. I need to check if RAD: exists, but the way i'm doing it is
>producing an undesirable system requester asking me to put RAD: in any drive.

>i'd like this line to be executed is if RAD: doesn't already exist, so I tried
>
>this:
>
>if not exists RAD:

The way to this is as follows:

    ASSIGN RAD: EXISTS
    IF WARN (then it doesn't exists)
    ELSE (it does exists)

This assumes Workbench 1.3

  Joe O'Hara                ||      Disclaimer: I didn't say that!
  Commodore Electronics Ltd ||
  Product Assurance         || "I never lie when I have sand in my shoes."
  Systems Evaluation Group  ||             - Geordi LeForge, Star Trek TNG