[comp.sys.amiga] Government contract...

amhartma@silver.ucs.indiana.edu (Andy Hartman - AmigaMan) (08/11/90)

Could someone please mail me the facts of the Government deal Commodore has?
I want things like:  what machines are involved, how many, who gets them, etc.

Thanks,
AMH

* Andy Hartman       | I'd deny half of this crap anyway!| "Somedays, you just
* Indiana University |-----------------------------------|  can't get rid of a
*    //	 Amiga Man   |   amhartma@silver.ucs.indiana.edu |  bomb!"
*  \X/	 At Large!   |   AMHARTMA@rose.ucs.indiana.edu   | - Batman (original)

besst@unix.cis.pitt.edu (Brian E. Schwadron) (08/14/90)

In article <54075@iuvax.cs.indiana.edu> amhartma@silver.ucs.indiana.edu (Andy Hartman - AmigaMan) writes:

>Could someone please mail me the facts of the Government deal Commodore has?
>I want things like:  what machines are involved, how many, who gets them, etc.
>
>Thanks,
>AMH

     I'm afraid that the Treasury Dept.'s DMAC II contract (which was awarded
to Sears business systems, which used Commodore as a major supplier) was
rejected on appeal.
     Most of the reasons the contract was rejected are to to MS-DOS components
of the bid, but among those mentioned at the end are the Amiga's "non-standard"
101-key keyboard and something about a non-FCC approved accelerator board.
     By the way, all of this came from last weeks InfoWorld, although I'm sure
it will make Government Computer News sooner or later.  I really can't figure
out what they mean by non-FCC approved -- what board isn't FCC approved?
Perhaps someone else can shed some light on the subject?
					Brian     8/13/90

telam@pyrps5 (Thomas Elam) (08/17/90)

In article <54075@iuvax.cs.indiana.edu> amhartma@silver.ucs.indiana.edu (Andy Hartman - AmigaMan) writes:

>Could someone please mail me the facts of the Government deal Commodore has?
>I want things like:  what machines are involved, how many, who gets them, etc.
>
>Thanks,
>AMH
>

>* Andy Hartman       | I'd deny half of this crap anyway!| "Somedays, you just

Please copy me, too.  -Tom Elam