[comp.sys.amiga] External Hard Drives

jones@uv4.eglin.af.mil (Calvin Jones, III) (08/15/90)

Brent McCrackin <adain@watcsc.waterloo.edu> writes:

> I've looked at Macintosh SCSI drives with the connector I need, but the
> price per megabyte of the drives is too expensive.  I would expect to
> pay about $400 or less for a 40 Mb Hard drive without controller.  I
> know there are cheaper drives out there than that, and would like the
> experienced ones of you to let me know what's best.

Hard Drives International (1-800-736-3475) has an ad on page 283 of the
August 1990 Computer shopper that lists several Mac Compatible (SCSI)
drives.  Prices for external drives range from $299 for a 20 Meg
Seagate, $339 for a 30 Meg Seagate, $429 for a 45 Meg Quantum, on up.

I purchased a "Mac Compatible" external drive from them in April of '89
and have had *NO* problems with it.  I guess that's because they offer a
decent guarantee.  8-)

   --- Cal
   //  Cal Jones - Internet:  <Jones@UV4.Eglin.AF.Mil>
 \X/               BBS:  904-243-6219  1200-9600HST  340Meg, all Amiga
                         Single Tasking?    *JUST SAY NO!!!*

david@twg.com (David S. Herron) (08/17/90)

In article <27401@nigel.ee.udel.edu> jones@uv4.eglin.af.mil (Calvin Jones, III) writes:
>Hard Drives International (1-800-736-3475) has an ad on page 283 of the
>August 1990 Computer shopper that lists several Mac Compatible (SCSI)
>drives.  Prices for external drives range from $299 for a 20 Meg
>Seagate, $339 for a 30 Meg Seagate, $429 for a 45 Meg Quantum, on up.

HDI *used* to have good prices but they haven't kept up too well
with the competition ..

If you look at other places in Computer Shopper you'll find the 40-meg
Quantum for $350-$380.  No, I don't remember any particular place.  Yes
there were many places featuring that price.

--
<- David Herron, an MMDF weenie, <david@twg.com>
<- Formerly: David Herron -- NonResident E-Mail Hack <david@ms.uky.edu>