[comp.sys.amiga] chinon

Rob.Ganshorn@f70.n140.z1.FIDONET.ORG (Rob Ganshorn) (08/14/90)

 Are you talking about what drives will work as a second floppy? I
know for sure the Chinon does since I took one home from work and
installed it in my 2000 as df1: (when I first got my 2000). The only
problem I had is that the drive doesn't have a device select on the
drive (it's on the pin-edge connector) and I had to use it as df0:.
It works perfect, but has failed to load a few games (well, 2 only).
There's also a jumper on the motherboard right by the floppy cable
that has to be set.

Rob

--
Rob Ganshorn - via FidoNet node 1:140/22
UUCP: ...!alberta!dvinci!weyr!70!Rob.Ganshorn

mstgil@supernet.haus.com (Marc Ph. A. J. St.-Gil) (08/18/90)

Rob.Ganshorn@f70.n140.z1.FIDONET.ORG (Rob Ganshorn) writes:

> Are you talking about what drives will work as a second floppy? I
>know for sure the Chinon does since I took one home from work and
>installed it in my 2000 as df1: (when I first got my 2000). The only
>problem I had is that the drive doesn't have a device select on the
>drive (it's on the pin-edge connector) and I had to use it as df0:.
>It works perfect, but has failed to load a few games (well, 2 only).
>There's also a jumper on the motherboard right by the floppy cable
>that has to be set.

>Rob

>--
>Rob Ganshorn - via FidoNet node 1:140/22
>UUCP: ...!alberta!dvinci!weyr!70!Rob.Ganshorn
>Domain: Rob.Ganshorn@f70.n140.z1.FIDONET.ORG
>Standard Disclaimers Apply...

Yes,  I know I am replying to a reply, but the I missed the orig. and it is
long gone now.  Since CBM's official second internal drive kit contains a
Chinon FB354, I would certainly expect one to work.  I have ordered one from
a mail order house, but have yet to receive it.  At $85 though, it is a FAR
better price than ~$150 at my local dealer.

Marc
--
Marc St.-Gil: Harris Adacom Corporation / 16001 Dallas Pkwy. / Dallas, TX 75248
Internet: mstgil@supernet.haus.com or mstgil@supernet.lonestar.org