[comp.sys.amiga] CBM go south, There's GOLD down there!

monty@sagpd1.UUCP (Monty Saine) (08/08/90)

Hello CBM Marketing,

	I recently returned from a trip to Colombia (my wife's family is
there) and Commodore you are missing a golden oportunity. Colombia is on
the verge or has relaxed the import tax on electronic equipments. They are
starved for computers down there. The rub is all they have are PC clones
available. I was able to find only one "dealer" there that carried the
Amiga and he only had a A500 hooked up to a Monocrome monitor ( he said
that he had misplaced the cable to his color monitor). He NO software and
was thrilled that I could give him a couple of PD disks I had with me. I
looked him up to give my nephew a Demo.
	Since returning I have looked in my AMIGA Marketing stuff and found
that this was not the only "distributer" but there was no ad in the local
"yellow pages" other than the one I had found. CBM you are letting a virgin
territory slip through your fingers. If you have a South American Office I
suggest you light a fire under them, before the clone war has over taken
the edge. The school my nephew was teaching at (he translates programs/manuals)
had about 10 XT/AT clones that people were waitng in line to use.
	Sorry to bother the rest of the net, but I thought this was the best
way to get CBM Marketing's attention.

Monty Saine

P.S. Any one know of a USENET connection in Bogata, Colombia?????

alfredo@ajahnv.lonestar.org (Alfredo Jahn V) (08/18/90)

>In article <894@sagpd1.UUCP> monty@sagpd1.UUCP (Monty Saine) writes:
>
>Hello CBM Marketing,
>
>	I recently returned from a trip to Colombia (my wife's family is
>there) and Commodore you are missing a golden oportunity. Colombia is on
>the verge or has relaxed the import tax on electronic equipments. They are
>starved for computers down there. The rub is all they have are PC clones

 [...]

My father lives in Caracas, Venezuela.  I haven't been back to visit
him for a few years.  I know he has a Mac...  The last time I was there,
there were no Amiga products (that I could see.... I went to one of the
big malls and visited a computer store there and didn't see any sign of
of an Amiga.  GO FOR IT COMMODORE!

>	Sorry to bother the rest of the net, but I thought this was the best
>way to get CBM Marketing's attention.

me too...

>Monty Saine
>
>P.S. Any one know of a USENET connection in Bogata, Colombia?????

I checked the maps and haven't seen one.  Someone should go down there
and set some up!  I would love to see one in Caracas too...

 - alfredo

 Alfredo Jahn V               //    Internet: alfredo@ajahnv.lonestar.org
 3208 Cole Ave., #1303    \\ //  UUCP: {convex,uunet}!digi!ajahnv!alfredo
 Dallas, TX  75204  USA    \X/                      Voice: (214) 855-1316