[comp.sys.amiga] Raaaaaaaaaaaahhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh!

danb20@pro-graphics.cts.com (Dan Bachmann) (08/20/90)

        You probably forced the head way off the platter, or maybe it got
there before you tried to format it. I don't see how software can totally ruin
your hard drive, but maybe not work with your hardware, perhaps.
        I had a 30MB drive on an IBM have a simular problem, so I tried to
make it seek to a middle track and then gave it a medium tap of persuasion and
the drive heads seemed to pull out of nowhere and ever since then it worked
fine.
 ProLine: DanB20@pro-graphics            ************************
    UUCP: ...crash!pro-graphics!DanB20   *  Daniel G. Bachmann  *
ARPA/DDN: pro-graphics!DanB20@nosc.mil   ************************
Internet: danb20@pro-graphics.cts.com  or  ak032@cleveland.Freenet.Edu
U.S.mail: 509 StonyBrook Drive, Bridgewater, NJ, 08807 USA