[comp.sys.amiga] Super Agnes HELP

caldwell_t@darwin.ntu.edu.au (08/20/90)

Help!

I have just replaced my Agnes chip in my A500 (rev5) and am now having problems
with the screen flashing.  It doesn't seem to do it when I first boot up, but
when I load up a program it starts up.  It seems to flash the more the screen
is used eg. when drawing the menu bars.  My guess is taht it starts when the
extra 512K Chip ram is used

BTW My set up is : A500 + A501, 2Meg Fast ram, Parallel port Harddisk interface
	1.2 Kickstart ROM , 1.32 Workbench.
	In australia we use the PAL VIDEO system.

The tech at the local Commodore place said he didn't know what the problem was
but that he would contact Commodore Australia.  (The problem is that they don't
seem to be able to help with anything often).

I guess I am hopeing that someone from Commodore might know what the problem is
and how to fix it.
(Help - my terminal screen is flashing red about every second and I am going
insane).

Any help would be much appreciated,

	Malcolm Caldwell.
				18 Todd Cres
				MALAK DARWIN NT 0812
				+061 89 451794

				FIDO 3:690/648
				CALDWELL_T@DARWIN.NTU.EDU.AU

rick@tmiuv0.uucp (08/20/90)

In article <1990Aug20.151408.314@darwin.ntu.edu.au>, caldwell_t@darwin.ntu.edu.au writes:
> I have just replaced my Agnes chip in my A500 (rev5) and am now having problems
> with the screen flashing.

There was a batch of bad Obese Agnii at one time, you may have gotten one.
I can't recall the date codes, but probably Hazy or someone from CBM may know.
Also, make sure that you are using "SetPatch r" (lowercase 'r') with that
Exceedingly Fat Lady.  Oh, be certain that the chip is installed firmly.
"A loose woman (Agnus) can be fun, but they're also annoying."

Beyond that, I can't help.  Good luck!

[- O] Rick Stevens, Technology Marketing Incorporated
  ?   EMail: uunet!zardoz!tmiuv0!rick -or- uunet!zardoz!xyclone!sysop
  V   CIS: 75006,1355 (75006.1355@compuserve.com from Internet)

"Reality is a crutch for people who can't handle science fiction."