[comp.sys.amiga] AmigaDOS 2.0 Shell

S36666WB@ETSUACAD.BITNET (Brian Wright) (08/20/90)

Hello,

     Does anyone know if you can change the default size and placement of the
Shell when clicked on from the ICON?  If so, how is this accomplished.
Thanks for any help.

||To steal from one is plagiarism.  To steal from many is research.    ||
||___________________________________               ---UNKNOWN---      ||
||                                   |      / /                        ||
||---Brian Wright                    |     / /                         ||
||---s36666wb@etsuacad.etsu.edu      | \ \/ /  Only Amiga              ||
||---Commercial Artist and Amigaphile|  \/\/      Makes It Possible!!  ||

joe@cbmvax.commodore.com (Joe O'Hara - Product Assurance) (08/20/90)

In article <9008201351.AA01959@jade.berkeley.edu> S36666WB@ETSUACAD.BITNET (Brian Wright) writes:
>Hello,
>
>     Does anyone know if you can change the default size and placement of the
>Shell when clicked on from the ICON?  If so, how is this accomplished.
>Thanks for any help.

Add a windowspec tooltype to the icon information:

   window=con:x/y/width/length/title[/close]

The optional /close spec places a close gadget on the shell window.

  Joe O'Hara                ||      Disclaimer: I didn't say that!
  Commodore Electronics Ltd ||
  Product Assurance         || "I never lie when I have sand in my shoes."
  Systems Evaluation Group  ||             - Geordi LeForge, Star Trek TNG