[comp.sys.amiga] SAMPLE/PLAYER/EDITOR Compatability MATRIX

In <1990Aug20.165053.2963@cbnewse.att.com>, cwpjr@cbnewse.att.com (clyde.w.jr.phillips) writes:

>Let's talk a little more and see if we can be helpful to each other.
>( It's ahrd because I dont have a matrix like reference that states
>what each player / creator uses / creates what type of sample.
>ie SV8, Single Shots, Stereo vs mono, etc. Like I have the original
>"Instruments" disk from a CA= Demo from 1985. Some of the best samples
>yet nothing I own will load and use them, and I don't know which
>editor to buy that could help. See what I mean... maybe this discussion
>should go public? )

Audiomaster will handle those 'Instrument demo' (and virtually any other sounds
that are not encrypted or compressed).

--
It is not possible to both understand and appreciate Intel CPUs.
    -D.Wolfskill

cwpjr@cbnewse.att.com (clyde.w.jr.phillips) (08/20/90)

Hi Amigans,
	In discussing swapping sounds with another "netter"
it occurred to me to post our need here and see if anyone could help.
Follows is a thread to illustrate the problem:

For sample collections I've seen some in the PD and some commercial,
that were rated as pretty good. I have not checked these, have you?

Let's talk a little more and see if we can be helpful to each other.
( It's ahrd because I dont have a matrix like reference that states
what each player / creator uses / creates what type of sample.
ie SV8, Single Shots, Stereo vs mono, etc. Like I have the original
"Instruments" disk from a CA= Demo from 1985. Some of the best samples
yet nothing I own will load and use them, and I don't know which
editor to buy that could help. See what I mean... maybe this discussion
should go public? )

It just did!
Thanks, in advance, Clyde
P.S.
( ...the writing on the wall is now in a memo; need real-time job leads...)
( I also know AMI real well...    )