[comp.sys.amiga] Transactor..

nor1675@dsacg2.UUCP (Michael Figg) (05/03/88)

Has anybody heard anything about the Transactor for Amiga? Seems like
something was said back in the middle of March that the new issue would be
out "next week". This seems like this is getting into the realm of RSN!

--
"Don't quote me on this!"                      Michael Figg
					       DLA Systems Automation Center

king@dciem.UUCP (Stephen King) (05/06/88)

In article <198@dsacg2.UUCP> nor1675@dsacg2.UUCP (Michael Figg) writes:
>Has anybody heard anything about the Transactor for Amiga? Seems like
>something was said back in the middle of March that the new issue would be
>out "next week". This seems like this is getting into the realm of RSN!
	The April issue was on the newsstands in April. The next issue is
scheduled for June. It will be a bi-monthly publication, I believe. I mailed
for the disk subscription and it took about 5 weeks for it to arrive (issue
#1) but arrive it did!					...sjk
--
	Stephen J King, non-fiction author.
  < Temporary lack of mail path >  * DCIEM Simulation & Training Group *

nor1675@dsacg2.UUCP (Michael Figg) (05/12/88)

In article <2717@dciem.UUCP>, king@dciem.UUCP (Stephen King) writes:
> In article <198@dsacg2.UUCP> nor1675@dsacg2.UUCP (Michael Figg) writes:
> >Has anybody heard anything about the Transactor for Amiga? Seems like
> >something was said back in the middle of March that the new issue would be
> >out "next week". This seems like this is getting into the realm of RSN!
> 	The April issue was on the newsstands in April. The next issue is
> scheduled for June. It will be a bi-monthly publication, I believe. I mailed
> for the disk subscription and it took about 5 weeks for it to arrive (issue
> #1) but arrive it did!					...sjk
> --
> 	Stephen J King, non-fiction author.
>   < Temporary lack of mail path >  * DCIEM Simulation & Training Group *

Are you sure we are talking about the same Transactor. The April issue was
on the shelves here in January, sold out real quick, and hasn't been seen
since the middle of February. If the next issue comes out in June then it
sounds like we will be lucky to get 3 issues instead of six this year.
But it is a great magazine and I do hope it does start to become bi_monthly
instead of bi-bi-monthly (and hopefully not bye-bye).  Somebody here in
Columbus just got their first issue so maybe Transactor is still trying to
get that one out the door. Of course we get alot of things here late, The
Computer Animation Show starts here tonight only a brief nine months since
the net stopped talking about! :-) Better late than never for both the
magazine and the movie.

Louie, Louie, Me got a go now.

--

king@dciem.UUCP (Stephen King) (05/16/88)

In article <201@dsacg2.UUCP> nor1675@dsacg2.UUCP (Michael Figg) writes:
>In article <2717@dciem.UUCP>, king@dciem.UUCP (Stephen King) writes:
>> In article <198@dsacg2.UUCP> nor1675@dsacg2.UUCP (Michael Figg) writes:
>> >Has anybody heard anything about the Transactor for Amiga?  ...
>> 	The April issue was on the newsstands in April. ...
>Are you sure we are talking about the same Transactor.  ...

	There is more than one? I'm talking about the one printed near
here, in Richmond Hill Ont. My June copy arrived Friday (May 13). Seems
pretty good, but I've been too busy with my garden to read it carefully.
--
	Stephen J King, non-fiction author.
  < Temporary lack of mail path >  * DCIEM Simulation & Training Group *

lphillips@lpami.van-bc.UUCP (Larry Phillips) (05/16/88)

Transactor for the Amiga.

It's out.

-larry

--
Janus? Well, look at it this way. If you squint a little, the J could be
       Amiga checkmark, and the rest of the word describes MsDos.

jc@sce.UUCP (John Coughlin) (05/19/88)

Well guys, I just got issue number 2 in the mail!  So, be on the look out
for the latest and greatest version to be crawling your way through the
Post any time now!

						Eugen Bacic
						using JC's acct by permission

ps: I haven't read it.  I just picked it out of the mailbox!

jyegiguere@lotus.waterloo.edu (Eric Giguere) (09/20/88)

There's been much confusion on the net lately over the state
of Transactor Publishing, Inc., the publishers of the Transactor
and the Transactor for the Amiga (TransAmi) magazines.  The following
status report comes directly from a talk I just had with Richard Evers,
publisher and co-founder of the Transactor:

Several months ago the Editor-in-Chief and co-founder Karl Hildon left
the magazine due to personal reasons.  The departure was rather sudden
and left the company in a bit of a bind time-wise, which explains why
the second issue of the TransAmi was a bit later than usual.  However,
Karl was not critical to the company as it had the talents of Richard
and the two editors:  Nick Sullivan and Chris Zamara.  However, a rumour
was started on Q-Link that the company was about to go belly-up because
the "founder" had left.  Not so, but the rumour did much damage:  the
company's sales went from $58,000 in January to a mere $11,000 in July.
$40,000 monthly is needed for them to survive.  Their printers balked
at extending them credit, and so did the banks.  Anyhow, Chris and Nick
were able to raise $50,000 which will be enough to get them through the
next little while.  Richard will attend AmiExpo in the hopes of drumming
up some business and setting the record straight as to the company's
status.

The Transactor (C64&128 magazine) was printed at the end of August and
should arrive soon to subscribers.  The TransAmi will be out by Oct. 4
(at least, the printer is guarantees to have them done by Oct. 4).  The
magazines will be available throughout North America:  Coles books in
Canada, and Walden (sp?) Books in the States.  Richard says that 30,000
TransAmi's are being printed, with 19,000 earmarked for the States.

It would be sad if Transactor Publishing would be forced into bankruptcy
by rumours.  I've always enjoyed their magazines and I hope they can
continue.  Let's do our best to support them!

(I should note that I do have a vested interest in the magazine's survival,
since an article of mine was scheduled for the next issue.  And before
everyone jumps on me because that article describes a slightly out-of-date
ANSI Standard, please note that it was written and submitted last December.
Richard says there were so many quality submissions for the TransAmi that
many had to be bumped to later issues.)

Eric Giguere                    268 Phillip St. #CL-46, Waterloo, Ont. N2L 6G9
jyegiguere@lotus.waterloo.edu   (519) 746-0792
GIGUERE@WATCSG.BITNET           "No, that's not how you pronounce it..."

MFM1%LEHIGH.BITNET@ibm1.cc.lehigh.edu (mark masters) (10/13/88)

Hi all,
   Well I called transactor for the amiga, got a recording saying they
were no longer producing any magazines until they are bought or in
other words have some money.  This is a real bummer to me since I
thought they were a Great Magazine!! Better than any others I had seen.
I sincerely hope they can come back, if such things happen.  Only
other problem is that I and anyone else who had faith to subscribe lose
their money?
   Anyone have suggestions of a good magazine for the amiga of
comparable worth?
mark <mfm1@lehigh.bitnet>

mikhe@majestix.liu.se (Mike Henry) (10/14/88)

In article <4802@louie.udel.EDU> MFM1%LEHIGH.BITNET@ibm1.cc.lehigh.edu (mark masters) writes:

>Hi all,
>   Well I called transactor for the amiga, got a recording saying they
>were no longer producing any magazines until they are bought or in
>other words have some money.  This is a real bummer to me since I

    Well there's no need to worry, I got my issue the day before yesterday,
    and I was soooo happy. I hope they keep on coming, though, because I
    agree it was a long wait, and I don't care for any other Amiga magazines.

>mark <mfm1@lehigh.bitnet>

		-Mike

	[ Disclaim ??  ME ??  I don't even have an employer !!! ]
--
InterNet : mikhe@majestix.liu.se                                      ///
UUCP :  {seismo,mcvax,munnari}!enea!liuida!majestix!mikhe            ///

mrr@amanpt1.zone1.com (Mark Rinfret) (10/14/88)

In article <4802@louie.udel.EDU>, MFM1%LEHIGH.BITNET@ibm1.cc.lehigh.edu (mark masters) writes:

> Hi all,
>    Well I called transactor for the amiga, got a recording saying they
> were no longer producing any magazines until they are bought or in
> other words have some money.  This is a real bummer to me ...

ARRGGH!  I just sent them a check and a letter *yesterday*, requesting a new
subscription.  Lessee...
	I buy an A1000 and it goes obsolete on me...
	I buy a PAL Jr. and it goes out of production...
	I join APDA and it sounds like they're going to disband...
	I subscribe to Transactor and they stop production...

	Anyone want me to invest in a sure winner? :-)

Mark

--
< Mark R. Rinfret,  mrr@amanpt1.ZONE1.COM | ...rayssd!galaxia!amanpt1!mrr    >
< HyperView Systems Corp.               Home: 401-846-7639                   >

limonce@pilot.njin.net (Tom Limoncelli) (10/15/88)

In article <524@amanpt1.zone1.com> mrr@amanpt1.zone1.com (Mark Rinfret) writes:

> In article <4802@louie.udel.EDU>, MFM1%LEHIGH.BITNET@ibm1.cc.lehigh.edu (mark masters) writes:
> > [ Transactor is closing it's doors ]
> 	I buy an A1000 and it goes obsolete on me...
> 	I buy a PAL Jr. and it goes out of production...
> 	I join APDA and it sounds like they're going to disband...
> 	I subscribe to Transactor and they stop production...
> < Mark R. Rinfret,  mrr@amanpt1.ZONE1.COM |...rayssd!galaxia!amanpt1!mrr

Please vote for Bush!

Tom
--
       Tom Limoncelli -- Drew University, Box 1060, Madison, NJ 07940
  TLimonce@Drew.Bitnet -- limonce@pilot.njin.net -- VoiceMail (201)408-5389

ng@pur-phy (Nicholas J. Giordano) (10/17/88)

In article <Oct.15.02.06.58.1988.24970@pilot.njin.net> limonce@pilot.njin.net (Tom Limoncelli) writes:
>In article <524@amanpt1.zone1.com> mrr@amanpt1.zone1.com (Mark Rinfret) writes:

This is certainly a shame.  I seem to recall discussion on the net about
an article which was to appear in the next Transactor issue.  The article
was about a do-it-yourself 68020 board for the A1000 (I think).  Presumably
the design/bare-board etc. are finished, so my question is this.

Does the author plan to release this information or publish his article
anyplace else???

I, for one, am very interested.

Nick

srp@modcomp.UUCP (Steve Pietrowicz) (10/19/88)

in article <977@majestix.liu.se>, mikhe@majestix.liu.se (Mike Henry) says:
> In article <4802@louie.udel.EDU> MFM1%LEHIGH.BITNET@ibm1.cc.lehigh.edu (mark masters) writes:
>>   Well I called transactor for the amiga, got a recording saying they
>>were no longer producing any magazines until they are bought or in
>>other words have some money.  This is a real bummer to me since I
>
>     Well there's no need to worry, I got my issue the day before yesterday,

[stuff deleted]

> SNAIL: Mike Henry, Alsattersg. 3C:20, S-582 51 Linkoping SWEDEN   \XX/ Else??

Yeah, but you're in Sweden.  Richard Evers was running around AmiExpo with
an armload (well, twelve) of the UK version of Amiga Transactor.  I'm not
sure we'll be seeing that issue in regular distribution in the States.

(I hope we do though!)

nawien@ghp.UUCP (Nawien Sharma) (10/21/88)

In article <4802@louie.udel.EDU>, MFM1%LEHIGH.BITNET@ibm1.cc.lehigh.edu (mark masters) writes:
>    Well I called transactor for the amiga, got a recording saying they
> were no longer producing any magazines until they are bought or in
> other words have some money.  This is a real bummer to me since I
> thought they were a Great Magazine!! Better than any others I had seen.
> I sincerely hope they can come back, if such things happen.  Only
> other problem is that I and anyone else who had faith to subscribe lose
> their money?
> mark <mfm1@lehigh.bitnet>

I called Compsec and was told that the TRANSACTOR MAGAZINE is out of
business. I then received a conflicting news article in the mail
from Comspec stating :
    "Transactor Magazine has under gone some recent difficulties.
    There have been MAJOR delays getting out both the 64/128 and Amiga
    magazines on time, but Richard Evers assures me the worst is over,
    and they'll be back on regular schedules again soon. Both magazines
    may be available by the time you read this."
I then called Comspec again and they only confirmed what they previously
told me; that indeed the TRANSACTOR MAGAZINE is dead.
"You're screwed".
    He did mention that the magazine may resurface again..
    possibly under a different name.
--
Nawien Sharma
UUCP:  {utzoo,uunet}!mnetor!ghp!nawien

bjc@pollux.UUCP (Betty J. Clay) (10/22/88)

In article <4802@louie.udel.EDU> MFM1%LEHIGH.BITNET@ibm1.cc.lehigh.edu (mark masters) writes:

>Hi all,
>   Well I called transactor for the amiga, got a recording saying they

T>   Anyone have suggestions of a good magazine for the amiga of
>comparable worth?
>mark <mfm1@lehigh.bitnet>

The TRANSACTOR will continue in the U.K. and in Australia, even should the
Canadian version not do so.  Hope for our own T. is not gone!

Another good Amiga publication - though very different in some ways - is
  The Amigan Apprentice and Journeyman
  P. O. Box 411
  Hatteras, N. C. 27943
The Amigan costs $24 per year, is non-profit, no advertising, and is always
jam-packed with information.  Among other things, it includes a column on
programming in C written by John Toebes, and one on assembly language by
William C. Hawes - which ought to be enough, all by themselves.

Authors in The Amigan are not paid.  Software or hardware reviewed is purchased
and reviews are not biased because they were 'given'.  The Amigan and the
TRANSACTOR make ideal companions, but are totally unrelated.

Betty Clay
..........killer!pollux!bjc

ockenden@prlhp1.prl.philips.co.uk (Paul T Ockenden) (10/28/88)

In article <136@modcomp.UUCP> srp@modcomp.UUCP (Steve Pietrowicz) writes:
>[stuff deleted]
>
>Yeah, but you're in Sweden.  Richard Evers was running around AmiExpo with
>an armload (well, twelve) of the UK version of Amiga Transactor.  I'm not
>sure we'll be seeing that issue in regular distribution in the States.
>
>(I hope we do though!)

The UK version of TransAmi is just a re-hashed version of the Canadian one.

I don't think the UK staff (3 I think!) would be able to put a mag out
by themselves....

It's a shame transactor might go to the wall.... I know I shouldn't say
this, but maybe if they'd taken a little more advertising... Maybe if
they'd covered games 'just a little bit'....

Dunno what the USA/Canada subscription rates are (were), but on this
side of the pond they were *bloody* expensive.. over $100(US) for six
magazines with disk....

--
Paul Ockenden                          uucp : ....uunet!prlb2!prlhp1!ockenden
Software type person                            ....mcvax!ukc!prlhp1!ockenden

z3rah@ttacs1.ttu.edu (Haddock, Richard) (02/25/89)

I am sure it has been posted before, but would someone please post the
address for Transactor magazine

Thanks
Alan Haddock

Bitnet   Z3RAH@TTACS1
INTERNET Z3RAH@TTACS1.TTU.EDU

sneakers@heimat.UUCP (Dan "Sneakers" Schein) (02/27/89)

In Message <9565@louie.udel.EDU>, z3rah@ttacs1.ttu.edu (Haddock, Richard) writes:

>I am sure it has been posted before, but would someone please post the
>address for Transactor magazine

   Since im not sure where your located, here is the North Amercian and
   UK addresses:

   Transactor
   10-85 West Wilmont Street
   Richmond Hill, Ontario, Canada
   L4B 1K7

   Transactor (U.K.) Limited
   Unit 2, Langdale Grove
   Bingham Notts, England, NG13 8SR

   If your in the states (US) and just want to subscribe they have an 800
   number:

   1-800-248-2719  Ext.  911

   Sneakers

--
                                      ___
    Dan "Sneakers" Schein            ////          BERKS AMIGA BBS

urjlew@ecsvax.UUCP (Rostyk Lewyckyj) (02/27/89)

 z3rah@ttacs1.ttu.edu (Haddock, Richard) writes:
> I am sure it has been posted before, but would someone please post the
> address for Transactor magazine

Why not.
Here are their various addresses and other particulars.

Main office
    Transactor
    10-85 West Wilmont Street
    Richmond Hill, Ontario, Canada
    L4B 1K7                           tel. 416-764-5274

Canadian Subscriptions
    Send to Subscriptions Dept. at Main office of to the address
    on the prepaid return card in magazine, which is:
      Transcator
      501 Alden Road
      P.O. Box 3250
      Markham Industrial Park
      Markham, Ontario, Canada
      L3R 9Z9

USA Subscribers
    The prepaid return card is addressed to
        Transactor
        P.O. Box 338 Station 'C'
        Buffalo, NY 14209-9990
    You save a few pennies postage and add a few days to the
    processing. Also chance getting lost in the extra shuffle?
    You can also subscribe with plastic by calling
        1-800-248-2719 ext 911

Subscribers elsewhere presumably write to the Main office. Although
I remember there was/is a separate European/British edition.

Now published monthly (their promise)
Rates:
     Canada ($Cdn.)    U.S.A. ($US)
     Mag/Disk/Both     Mag/Disk/Both
12iss 35/123/158       27.50/101/128.50
24iss 65/220/270       49.00/160/190.00
   Ontario residents add 8% pst for disk part of subscriptions!!!

        Foreign ($US)             Air Mail ($US,overseas only)
12iss  38.50/119.50/157.50        73/145/218
24iss  69.00/220.00/290.00       135/250/390

For quantity orders:
  In Canada- Ingram Software Ltd.,
             141 Adesso Drive
             Concord Ontario
             L4K 2W7
         tel. 416-738-1700
  In U.S.A - IPD (International Periodical Distributors)
             11760-B Sorrento Valley Road
             San Diego, CA 92121
          tel. 619-481-5928   ask for Dave Buescher.

not have my friends address handy, I gave my address for all
subscriptions. In the mean time, my friend subscribed on his own.
When the first issues arrived, I gave my friend his copy and he
wrote to them to try to combine his subscriptions. The problem has
never been resolved and my friend has lost both his subscriptions.
However I have recently received a couple of advertisements in
his name at my address!!.

I have now received issue #6 of the printed magazine with an insert
that my subscription is expiring, and a letter with a photocopied
subscription form, asking me to resubscribe and offering 13 issues
for the price of 12, as an inducement (as an original subscriber).
However I have not yet received the disks for issues #5 or #6!!
Has anyone??
I like the magazine a lot. I may even resubscribe.
(After all I still after over 20 years think of TRONO as "home")
(and want to support Canadian enterprises (even if British? owned))
But after the way they have mucked up my subscription... I just
find it hard to make up my mind.
             urjlew@ecsvax.UUCP ,  urjlew@tucc.bitnet
       or    urjlew@tucc.tucc.edu    (ARPA,SURA,NSF etc. internet)
       tel.  (919)-962-9107

bjc@pollux.UUCP (Betty J. Clay) (02/27/89)

In article <9565@louie.udel.EDU> z3rah@ttacs1.ttu.edu (Haddock, Richard) writes:
>I am sure it has been posted before, but would someone please post the
>address for Transactor magazine
>

>Thanks
>Alan Haddock
>
>Bitnet   Z3RAH@TTACS1

TRANSACTOR offices are at 10-85 West Wilmot Street, Richmond Hill, Ontario,
Canada, L4B 1K7.

They also have a telephone number for subscriptions: 1-800-248-2719,
Extension 911.

Betty Clay
........Killer!pollux!bjc

joe@dayton.UUCP (Joseph P. Larson) (02/27/89)

In article <9565@louie.udel.EDU> z3rah@ttacs1.ttu.edu (Haddock, Richard) writes:
>I am sure it has been posted before, but would someone please post the
>address for Transactor magazine

Sure.

One address (appearing in several places -- appears to be their favorite):

Transactor
10-85 West Wilmot Street
Richmond Hill, Ontario, Canada
L4B 1K7

Another (subscriptions in Canada):

The Transactor
501 Alden Road
P.O. Box 3250
Markham Industrial Park
Markham, Ontario
L3R 9Z9

Another (subscriptions in USA):

The Transactor
P.O. Box 338 Station 'C'
Buffalo, NY 14209-9990

One-year subscriptions are in USA funds: Mag 27.50  Disk 101.00  Both: 128.50
Cdn funds: 35.00 123.00 and 158.00.
--
          When you fall on your head do you land on your feet?
UUCP: rutgers!dayton!joe   (Feed my      Dayton Hudson Department Store Company

edwin@hcr.UUCP (Edwin Hoogerbeets) (02/28/89)

In article <9565@louie.udel.EDU> mmdf@udel.UUCP writes:
>I am sure it has been posted before, but would someone please post the
>address for Transactor magazine

Transactor Magazine
Subscriptions Dept.
10-85 West Wilmot Street
Richmond Hill, Ontario
L4B 1K7
Canada

(416) 764-5273

Edwin
"Canadian? Like, take off, eh?"

GIGUERE@WATCSG.BITNET (Eric Giguere) (03/02/89)

One thing to remember about the Transactor is that a lot of the support
staff was let go when they ran into financial difficulties last year,
so it doesn't surprise me that subscription-handling wasn't perfect.  It
should be improving, however, since the new owners (Croftward Publishing,
a UK firm) are responsible for that end of things now.  Transactor
Publishing still exists, but now they're responsible only for editorial
content.

Also, they HAVE been publishing both the Transactor and the TransAmi
on a monthly basis since December.  Things seem to be going pretty
smoothly.  Of course, this also means there's more opportunity for
members of the Amiga community to submit & publish articles...

As a final note, two independent companies publish the Transactor and
TransAmi in Europe and in Australia, so people in those areas should
contact the respective company.  It's the same editorial content, just
different advertising.

Eric Giguere
Computer Systems Group, University of Waterloo

BITNET: GIGUERE@WATCSG         Other: giguere@watcsg.UWaterloo.CA
UUNET : watcsg!giguere@uunet.UU.NET

telengrd@pnet51.orb.mn.org (Tim Noyce) (10/31/89)

 I certainly hope not.  I have a subscription, and haven't received the Oct
issue EITHER. kind of disconcerting, especially since it is one of THE BEST
sources for technical info on our machine.  It would be a shame for them to
fold.

UUCP: {amdahl!bungia, uunet!rosevax, chinet, killer}!orbit!pnet51!telengrd
ARPA: crash!orbit!pnet51!telengrd@nosc.mil
INET: telengrd@pnet51.cts.com

jmoore@atisun.dt.navy.mil (Jim Moore) (10/31/89)

I just bouht the October 1989 issue of Amiga Transactor from
Waldensoftware yesterday.  Also, the new AC Product Guide!.

   A local dealer said they might be having problems with
increased paper prices.

   Jim Moore
   jmoore@atisun.dt.navy.mil

koshy@abekrd.UUCP (Koshy Abraham) (11/01/89)

This is just to know if my eariler posting on the subject reached the U.S., I
have reason to believe that it may not have. If someone can let me know, that
would be well appreciated.

Koshy.

--
Koshy Abraham                  NET: koshy@abekrd.co.uk
Abekas Video Systems Ltd.     UUCP: ...!mcvax!ukc!{reading,pyrltd}!abekrd!koshy

ummouss2@ccu.umanitoba.ca (MadMax) (12/28/89)

    Does anyone know how I can contact Transactor Magazine.  It seems that the
numbers listed in the front of the magazine are no longer in service.  I heard
that they may have moved. ??????

alexb@jolnet.ORPK.IL.US (Alex Bianchini) (12/29/89)

In article <1989Dec27.165454.10121@ccu.umanitoba.ca> ummouss2@ccu.umanitoba.ca (MadMax) writes:

>    Does anyone know how I can contact Transactor Magazine.  It seems that the
>numbers listed in the front of the magazine are no longer in service.  I heard
>that they may have moved. ??????

I remember Betty Clay (one of TransAmi's journalists) saying on CIS that
TransAmi will close sooner or later... I may be wrong, but I swear she
said this...
AlexB

--
Alex Bianchini    | UUCP: ...{killer,attctc}!jolnet!alexb |  LOVE is the best
Via Val Maggia, 3 | BIX,CI$,PLINK: Wish I had 'nuff money | error you can make

bjc@pollux.UUCP (Betty J. Clay) (12/30/89)

In article <2584@jolnet.ORPK.IL.US> alexb@jolnet.UUCP (Alex Bianchini) writes:
>In article <1989Dec27.165454.10121@ccu.umanitoba.ca> ummouss2@ccu.umanitoba.ca (MadMax) writes:
>>
>>    Does anyone know how I can contact Transactor Magazine.  It seems that the
>>numbers listed in the front of the magazine are no longer in service.  I heard
>>that they may have moved. ??????
>
>I remember Betty Clay (one of TransAmi's journalists) saying on CIS that
>TransAmi will close sooner or later... I may be wrong, but I swear she
>said this...
>AlexB

Alex, I do believe that you are mistaken.  It has never been my intention
to say such a thing!  It is my hope that the quality of the magazine will
manage to pull it through.  They have had enough problems to make most
anyone want to give up - yet they keep on going (slowly - far too slowly!)
There have been discussions of these problems on CIS, but I cannot recall
ever saying that they would close.

You may be aware that there are two versions of the TRANSACTOR - the
Canadian one that is usually mentioned on Usenet, and the U.K. version that
is distributed in the U.K., most of Europe, and in Australia.  They, too,
have had some problems - though not so many as the Canadians have had - but
they also have firm plans to continue.

Talk of the demise of a magazine tends bring about that demise.  Let's get
behind these magazines and pull them out.  It is possible that we might
be able to help by writing some letters to the publisher of the Canadian
TRANSACTOR.  The editors are doing a fine job of producing a magazine you
want to read, but the publisher is not getting it to you.  Would you like
to write to him?  The address is:

Mr. Antony Jacobson
Croftware Publishing Co.,
40 Bowling Green Lane
London, England EC1 R0NE

Long live the TRANSACTOR!!

Betty
Betty Clay
     ......bjc@pollux.seas.smu.edu.UUCP
     ......76702.337@compuserve.com
     CompuServe    76702,337
a while yet...)

Just wondering.. liked the magazine, it was (IMHO) the best one to come
out of the states...

--
Mike 'Sirius' Stilson                                      Sirius Software
sirius@cup.portal.com

peter@cbmvax.commodore.com (Peter Cherna) (08/21/90)

In article <5255@eklektik.UUCP> mike@eklektik.UUCP (/dev/ph1) writes:
>This may be rehashing old news, but I was off the net for a while...
>
>Is it just me, or what.. is Amiga Transactor still in print?  I haven't
>received a copy for at least 8 months (probably more..)  The last issue
>a friend of mine got was 10 months ago (and his subscription is good for
>a while yet...)

Transactor seems to be gone.  My subscription also remains unfulfilled.
The editors (Chris & Nick) will be writing a section for Info magazine.

>Just wondering.. liked the magazine, it was (IMHO) the best one to come
>out of the states...

The rumours of Canada's annexation seem to be greatly exaggerated. :-)
Transactor was produced out of Richmond Hill, Ontario.

>--
>Mike 'Sirius' Stilson                                      Sirius Software

     Peter
--
     Peter Cherna, Software Engineer, Commodore-Amiga, Inc.
     {uunet|rutgers}!cbmvax!peter    peter@cbmvax.cbm.commodore.com