[comp.sys.amiga] AmigaOS2.0 for the 2000

root@bcstarc.stgt.sub.org (Frank Pecher) (08/15/90)

Lately I saw in a local computer store AmigaOS2.0 running on an Amiga 2000.
The dealer told me that the computer had only 2 megs of RAM added, nothing
else. No ECS, no 68020 or 68030.

Commodore, when will I be able to purchase an update kit to AmigaOS2.0?

What will it contain? Will you provide a way of plugging 512K of ROM
into a 256K socket? Will it be with documentation? The new includes?
And how much will it cost?

Thank you in advance,

        --  Frank

--
Frank Pecher                           uucp: root@bcstarc.stgt.sub.org
==>              (This line intentionally left blank)              <==

In article <76@bcstarc.stgt.sub.org> root!bcstarc@nadia.UUCP (Frank Pecher) writes:

>Lately I saw in a local computer store AmigaOS2.0 running on an Amiga 2000.
>The dealer told me that the computer had only 2 megs of RAM added, nothing
>else. No ECS, no 68020 or 68030.

Sounds like this guys has hold of some of the developer support tools.  There
is a tool, called KickIt, which is used to load a specially created version
of 2.0 onto an autoconfiguring RAM card, as long as that card is the first
autoconfig unit in the system.  This is, to put it politely, a hack, but a
useful one for development purposes.

>Will you provide a way of plugging 512K of ROM into a 256K socket?

The only KickStart ROM sockets Commodore has made are 512K ROM sockets.  I'm
not sure if the German 2000s are set up for 512K ROM or whether they'd need
an extra wire added, but all "B"2000s are.

The rest of your questions are for the Software and Marketing people, who will
certainly provide that information at the appropriate time.

>Frank Pecher                           uucp: root@bcstarc.stgt.sub.org

      Get that coffee outta my face, put a Margarita in its place!