[comp.sys.amiga] How old is your AMTRAC?

PMXSG0%POPV03@dupont.com (08/15/90)

The note posted about the trackmouse was interesting as you were obviously
a very satisfied customer.  It was the most positive responses/reviews of a
trackball system.  I was wondering how old the trackball was.  I had read
that they tend to give out after about 3 months of hard use.  I think they
begin to lose smoothness and accuracy, not sure.
I am an interested buyer.
mike scribner

swarren@convex.com (Steve Warren) (08/16/90)

In article <27416@nigel.ee.udel.edu> PMXSG0%POPV03@dupont.com writes:
>The note posted about the trackmouse was interesting as you were obviously
>a very satisfied customer.  It was the most positive responses/reviews of a
>trackball system.  I was wondering how old the trackball was.  I had read
>that they tend to give out after about 3 months of hard use.  I think they
>begin to lose smoothness and accuracy, not sure.
>I am an interested buyer.
>mike scribner

Yes, I posted the Amtrac review.

My Amtrac is about 2 weeks old.  So far, no trouble.  I've never heard
anything about them going out after a few months.

BTW, I have the newest version of the Amtrac.  I understand there is an
older version that is not quite as "perfect", and also costs more.

--
            _.
--Steve   ._||__      DISCLAIMER: All opinions are my own.

palmermg@ingr.com (Michael G. Palmer) (08/18/90)

In article <104974@convex.convex.com> swarren@convex.com (Steve Warren) writes:
>In article <27416@nigel.ee.udel.edu> PMXSG0%POPV03@dupont.com writes:
>>The note posted about the trackmouse was interesting as you were obviously
>>a very satisfied customer.  It was the most positive responses/reviews of a
>>I think they begin to lose smoothness and accuracy, not sure.
>>mike scribner
>
>Yes, I posted the Amtrac review.
>
>My Amtrac is about 2 weeks old.  So far, no trouble.  I've never heard
>anything about them going out after a few months.
>
>BTW, I have the newest version of the Amtrac.  I understand there is an
>older version that is not quite as "perfect", and also costs more.

I have had my AmTrac for aobut 6 months, and just changed from the
'old' version to the new version about 2 months ago.  It is a very
sturdy device and comfortable to work with.
The new version is very much nicer than the earlier version, which
had small buttons near the top edge of a rather squarish box.  The
internals of teh new one are exactly the same as the earlier one.
This is a good example of where a good ergonomic design really
improved the product.
Michael Palmer

no clever .sig yet

honp9@jetson.uh.edu (Jason Tibbitts/The Blob Shop) (08/21/90)

[Munch all you want, I'll type more]

In article <11789@ingr.com>, palmermg@ingr.com (Michael G. Palmer) writes:
> I have had my AmTrac for aobut 6 months, and just changed from the
> 'old' version to the new version about 2 months ago.  It is a very

Does anyone know is this is offered as an upgrade, or if I have to fork out for
an entirely new unit?

I bought mine used, so I don't even know how to get in touch with the
company...

> Michael Palmer

Maybe this should be in C.S.A.Hardware...
--
\/ Jason L. Tibbitts III     // | THEnet: {George|Jane|Elroy|Judy}::HONP9
/\/"Blob Shop Programmers:  //  | SesquiNet, Telnet, etc: HONP9@JETSON.uh.edu