[comp.sys.amiga] Temperature sensor information wanted

jtaylor@ms.uky.edu (Dan Chaney) (08/14/90)

Hello.  I am wanting to build (or have built) a small and simple
(emphasis on 'small and simple') circuit which would left the Amiga monitor the
temperature of a 'probe' (the probe should be kinda small ... like maybe the
size of an inkpen).
Would someone who is well versed in electronics let me know if this would be
a simple thermal resistor combined with a couple of other parts -or- would this
be a real pain to build.

thanks a million!

Jeff

In article <15812@s.ms.uky.edu> jtaylor@ms.uky.edu (Dan Chaney) writes:

>Hello.  I am wanting to build (or have built) a small and simple
>(emphasis on 'small and simple') circuit which would left the Amiga monitor the
>temperature of a 'probe' (the probe should be kinda small ... like maybe the
>size of an inkpen).

The simplest way would be to take a temperature dependant resistor of
max. resistance approx. 470 kOhm and connect it directly to the second
mouse/joystick port, just like an analogous paddle. Which pins to use
and how the software can monitor this is spreaded across several books.
Look into the Addison-Wesley RKM Hardware Reference Manual.
But note: This is simple AND VERY UNPRECISE!

--
Best regards, Dr. Peter Kittel      //     E-Mail to
Commodore Frankfurt, Germany      \X/      rutgers!cbmvax!cbmger!peterk