[comp.sys.amiga] DKBTrace 2.01 available

dbuck@ccs.carleton.ca (Dave Buck) (08/22/90)

For those interested in raytracing, the newest version of my raytracer
DKBTrace version 2.01 is now available by anonymous ftp from
alfred.ccs.carleton.ca in the directory pub/dkbtrace.

  This raytracer supports:

    - Spheres, planes, quadrics, triangles, smooth triangles
    - CSG (Constructive Solid Geometry)
    - Hierarchical bounding volumes
    - Procedural Textures (wood, marble, bozo, agate, wrinkled, ...)
    - Transparency
    - Texture Mapping (IFF and GIF supported)
    - Antialiasing
    - 24 bit output
    - Fog
    - Usual raytrace stuff (reflections, refractions, shadows, etc)
    - Resolutions up to 32K by 32K
    - Optional Targa format output files
    - Utility to import Sculpt3D format files

The program is freely distributable and C source is included.  DKBTrace
runs on all Amiga's (a special 68881 version is included for A2500's),
IBM PC's (running Turbo C), and UNIX systems (some customizations may be
needed depending on the system).

Questions and comments may be sent to David_Buck@Carleton.ca or
to dbuck@ccs.carleton.ca.

Enjoy.

|David Buck                       | My employer is not responsible for|
|    David_Buck@Carleton.ca       | my opinions. I'm not even sure    |
|or  dbuck@ccs.carleton.ca        | that I am.                        |

In article <1990Aug21.211411.12414@ccs.carleton.ca> dbuck@ccs.carleton.ca (Dave Buck) writes:
>For those interested in raytracing, the newest version of my raytracer
>DKBTrace version 2.01 is now available by anonymous ftp from
>alfred.ccs.carleton.ca in the directory pub/dkbtrace.

I should add that the IP address of alfred.ccs.carleton.ca is 134.117.1.1.