[comp.sys.amiga] Student prices

griffith@eecs.cs.pdx.edu (Michael Griffith) (08/17/90)

I'm sure this has been asked before, but I've only been reading the
comp.sys.amiga newsgroup for a little while now. What I would like is full
information as to Commodore supported student discounts. In particular, I
am interested in pricing information on the: Amiga 500, Amiga 2000, and
in all configurations of the Amiga 3000. Also, are these discounts likely
to be a permanent feature or a "get 'em while you can" sort of deal?
Thanx in advance.

                                Michael Griffith
                                griffith@eecs.ee.pdx.edu
                                uunet!tektronix!psueea!eecs!griffith

skank@du248-09.cc.iastate.edu (Skank George L) (08/20/90)

In article <3249@psueea.UUCP> griffith@eecs.UUCP (Michael Griffith) writes:
>I'm sure this has been asked before, but I've only been reading the
>comp.sys.amiga newsgroup for a little while now. What I would like is full
>information as to Commodore supported student discounts. In particular, I
>am interested in pricing information on the: Amiga 500, Amiga 2000, and
>in all configurations of the Amiga 3000. Also, are these discounts likely
>to be a permanent feature or a "get 'em while you can" sort of deal?
>Thanx in advance.
>
>                                Michael Griffith
>                                griffith@eecs.ee.pdx.edu
>                                uunet!tektronix!psueea!eecs!griffith

     I just bought an A3000 25/50 (25MHz cpu, 50M hard drive, now standard)
with a student discount.  It cost $3039, I think that's about $1000 off the
list price.  I'm not qualified to speak on other Amiga configurations, I'd
talk to your local dealer, mine was very helpfull.

                                 George L. Skank
                                 Rebel Without a Clue

BAXTER_A@wehi.dn.mu.oz (08/21/90)

>      I just bought an A3000 25/50 (25MHz cpu, 50M hard drive, now standard)
> with a student discount.  It cost $3039, I think that's about $1000 off the
> list price.  I'm not qualified to speak on other Amiga configurations, I'd
> talk to your local dealer, mine was very helpfull.
>
>                                  George L. Skank
>                                  Rebel Without a Clue
Could you list _everything_ that comes in that package?
Like, does that include the monitor?
Also, what is the order time like? Or can I walk in with $3000 and walk
out with the mean machine?

Regards, Alan

cbownds@pro-party.cts.com (Clayton Bownds) (08/22/90)

A3000/25-50 25Mhz 68030/882 CPU, 2Mb RAM, 3.5" 880Kb FD, 40Mb HD, A1950 Color
Multiscanning Monitor, AmigaVision Multimedia Authoring Enviroment... There is
the package. $3039.00 + $15.00 shipping and you'll be a VERY happy A3000
owner. BUT... Rumor has it the A3000's are backordered in the thousands, so be
prepared for a little wait. I know of two people who purchased A3000's on the
educational pricing program and recieved them withing a months time. Commodore
is pushing its educational program very hard. It seems as though they
educational packages have a priority shipping. As far as the price tag... You
can't beat it! -Clayton