[comp.sys.amiga] PageStream 1.8 - Drawing Capabilities

BYRNE@muppet.dnet.ge.com (08/22/90)

        I was considering purchasing PageStream 1.8 and was wondering what type
of drawing tools it has.  I am familiar with FrameMaker on the SUNs and would
really like to have something around its functionality.  Any inputs would be
greatly appreciated.  Thanks in advance.

                                -FB

blatter@gorgo.ifi.unizh.ch (Martin Blatter) (08/23/90)

In article <28148@nigel.ee.udel.edu> BYRNE@muppet.dnet.ge.com writes:

>I was considering purchasing PageStream 1.8 and was wondering what type
>of drawing tools it has.  I am familiar with FrameMaker on the SUNs and would
>really like to have something around its functionality.  Any inputs would be
>greatly appreciated.  Thanks in advance.

PageStream 1.8 offers the following drawing tools:

- Boxes and round cornered boxes
- Lines, x-y lines
- Circles, Ellipse
- Arcs, elliptical arcs
- polygons (filled / unfilled)
- freehand drawing tool

All objects can be rotated by any angle. There are 39 (plus one user-
defineable) fill patterns, 100 gray scales and several millions of colors.
Lines can be as thick as you like them with 7 (plus 1 user-defineable)
line styles and three beginning and ending forms.
It also lets you define a grid and "magnetic guides" for aligning objects.
Objects can also be centered/aligned within other objects and grouped
or locked.

PageStream 2.0 (should be out now!) offers the same drawing tools as 1.8
plus the ability to draw cubic bezier splines. It also offers on-screen
display of hinted Compugraphic and Adobe Type 1 outline fonts (to name only
a few major improvement).

>                                -FB

Martin A. Blatter       blatter@ifi.unizh.ch (University of Zurich)
                        cbmehq!cbmswi!zethos!blatter@cbmvax.commodore.com
                        "There's a light where the darkness ends" (Taupin)

jerry@truevision.com (Jerry Thompson) (08/23/90)

PageStream has all the stuff you expect, lines, circles, ovals, rectangles,
rounded rectangles, freehand, polygons, and arcs.  These objects can be
stretched, rotated, filled, etc.  Plus you can create text blocks that are
treated as graphics.  You can stretch and rotate the text objects just like
any of the other graphics objects.  Very nice.

--
Jerry Thompson                 |     // checks  ___________   | "I'm into S&M,
"What I want to know is, have  | \\ //   and    |    |    |   |  Sarcasm and