[comp.sys.amiga] CBM in Unix exhibition

soh@pegasus.trl.oz.au (kam hung soh) (08/22/90)

Surprise, surprise.  I've just received a phamplet regarding
`The Australian Open Systems Conference and Exhibition' in
September 1990 and who do I find but Commodore Business Machines
as one of the exhibitors?  This is interesting, because CBM has
three stalls in the exhibition compared to, say, six by DEC, one
by Apple and three by Intergraph.  I certainly hope that an official
version of UNIX will be released by CBM instead of just another
beta-test version.

The exhibition is organised by a group named ACMS in New South Wales.
The phamplet came from the Australian Unix Systems User Group (AUUG).

Guess who will be at the exhibition?

---
Soh, Kam Hung      email: h.soh@trl.oz.au     tel: +61 03 541 6403
Telecom Research Laboratories, P.O. Box 249, Clayton, Victoria 3168, Australia

BAXTER_A@wehi.dn.mu.oz (08/23/90)

In article <2106@trlluna.trl.oz>, soh@pegasus.trl.oz.au (kam hung soh) writes:
> Surprise, surprise.  I've just received a phamplet regarding
> `The Australian Open Systems Conference and Exhibition' in
> September 1990 and who do I find but Commodore Business Machines
> as one of the exhibitors?  This is interesting, because CBM has
> three stalls in the exhibition compared to, say, six by DEC, one
> by Apple and three by Intergraph.  I certainly hope that an official
> version of UNIX will be released by CBM instead of just another
> beta-test version.

There has been a press release about other things which mentions the planned
time for Unix release. They said something like "Fall" which means
somewhere near September. I understand it's really very stable and
more or less ready now.

> The exhibition is organised by a group named ACMS in New South Wales.
> The phamplet came from the Australian Unix Systems User Group (AUUG).
>
> Guess who will be at the exhibition?

Umm.. Telecom?

> ---
> Soh, Kam Hung      email: h.soh@trl.oz.au     tel: +61 03 541 6403
> Telecom Research Laboratories, P.O. Box 249, Clayton, Victoria 3168, Australia

Regards Alan