[comp.sys.amiga] problem with SKsh v1.5 file completion & GOMF v3.0

sdl@linus.mitre.org (Steven D. Litvinchouk) (08/17/90)

I have encountered a problem while running SKsh v1.5 after having
started up GOMF v3.0.  Whenever I attempt to do file completion in SKsh
(e.g., typing a partial directory name and hitting <TAB>), GOMF comes
up with the error requester:

	Alert Error Number 		$81000001
	User Program Counter 		Unknown
	Trap or Exception Table was trashed.
	68000 vector at location	$00000000
	was corrupted with value	$00000001

Has anyone else encountered this problem?

--

Steven Litvintchouk
MITRE Corporation

ARPA:  sdl@mbunix.mitre.org
UUCP:  ...{att,decvax,genrad,ll-xn,philabs,utzoo}!linus!sdl

	"Where does he get those wonderful toys?"
				-- J. Napier (a.k.a. "The Joker")

koren@hpfelg.HP.COM (Steve Koren) (08/20/90)

> I have encountered a problem while running SKsh v1.5 after having
> started up GOMF v3.0.  Whenever I attempt to do file completion in SKsh
> (e.g., typing a partial directory name and hitting <TAB>), GOMF comes

Are you running VirusX in the background?  This is known to cause
problems with file completion (I have no idea why though).

  - steve

sdl@linus.mitre.org (Steven D. Litvinchouk) (08/24/90)

In article <13910039@hpfelg.HP.COM> koren@hpfelg.HP.COM (Steve Koren) writes:

> > I have encountered a problem while running SKsh v1.5 after having
> > started up GOMF v3.0.  Whenever I attempt to do file completion in SKsh
> > (e.g., typing a partial directory name and hitting <TAB>), GOMF comes
>
> Are you running VirusX in the background?  This is known to cause
> problems with file completion (I have no idea why though).

Yes, I was running VirusX at the time.  I will try to turn it off and
see if that cures the problem.  Thanks for the tip....