[comp.sys.amiga] Educational video disks

kent@swrinde.nde.swri.edu (Kent D. Polk) (08/23/90)

!!!  Newsflash !!!!

Just announced on the news this morning: The Texas Education Commission
is meeting later this year to consider putting all elementary science
curriculum on 'video disk' instead of using textbooks.

Sounds like a job for CDTV.
(Can we say "How many elementary schools are in Texas?")

Kent Polk: Southwest Research Institute (512) 522-2882
Internet : kent@swrinde.nde.swri.edu
UUCP     : $ {cs.utexas.edu, gatech!petro, sun!texsun}!swrinde!kent

swarren@convex.com (Steve Warren) (08/24/90)

In article <27889@swrinde.nde.swri.edu> kent@swrinde.nde.swri.edu (Kent D. Polk) writes:
>Just announced on the news this morning: The Texas Education Commission
>is meeting later this year to consider putting all elementary science
>curriculum on 'video disk' instead of using textbooks.
>
>Sounds like a job for CDTV.
>(Can we say "How many elementary schools are in Texas?")

Sorry Kent.  That is video disk, not cd-rom.  The CDTV doesn't do direct
video like a video disk does.

Not only that, but they had already picked the curriculum, media, and the
machine that uses it before they made the announcement.  It is a turn-key
system.  I think the CDTV is a great candidate for something like this,
but it does not do what this system does.
--
            _.
--Steve   ._||__      DISCLAIMER: All opinions are my own.