[comp.sys.amiga] TEXT CLIPPING UTILITY

mhershede@cdp.UUCP (08/17/90)

TEXT CLIP UTILITY...

What is the PD program of choice to snip text from one window to another.
I have TSNIP but woulld like to know of others that any of you have found
useful. I am most interested in using it w/telecom (quoting messages) packages
I am using NCOMM.

Thanks.

jmeissen@oregon.oacis.org ( Staff OACIS) (08/18/90)

In article <936700004@cdp> mhershede@cdp.UUCP writes:
>What is the PD program of choice to snip text from one window to another.

Without any hesitation....Snap! I have used both, and I rate Snap right
up there with ConMan. The only problem I have had is a conflict with
DPaint III, which also uses the Amiga keys in conjunction with mouse-
buttons to do anim-brush painting. Also, it has problems with SimGen
(no problem, I just don't use SimGen).

--
John Meissen .............................. Oregon Advanced Computing Institute
jmeissen@oacis.org        (Internet) | "That's the remarkable thing about life;

BAXTER_A@wehi.dn.mu.oz (08/18/90)

In article <936700004@cdp>, mhershede@cdp.UUCP writes:
> TEXT CLIP UTILITY...
>
> What is the PD program of choice to snip text from one window to another.
> I have TSNIP but woulld like to know of others that any of you have found
> useful. I am most interested in using it w/telecom (quoting messages) packages
> I am using NCOMM.
>
> Thanks.

Snap is the best one.

Regards Alan

rwm@atronx.UUCP (Russell McOrmond) (08/25/90)

In a message posted on 18 Aug 90 13:32:21 GMT,
BAXTER_A@wehi.dn.mu.oz wrote:
B>In article <936700004@cdp>, mhershede@cdp.UUCP writes:

B>> What is the PD program of choice to snip text from one window to another.

B>Snap is the best one.

Personally, I use the 2.0 CON:   ;-)

---
  Opinions expressed in this message are my Own.  My Employer does not even
know what these networks ARE.

  Russell McOrmond   rwm@atronx.UUCP   {fts1,alzabo}!atronx!rwm
  FidoNet 1:163/109  Net Support: (613) 230-2282
  Amiga-Fidonet Support  1:1/109