[comp.sys.amiga] SyQuest Fan, GVP Rom and BridgeBoard

d89-rbi@byse.nada.kth.se (Ron Birk) (08/23/90)

Do anyone else have the same problem I have. A very loud Fan on
my SyQuest?? It at least twice the A2000 Fan.

Does anybody know what the new GVP Roms to the Harddisk Cotroller
will do? What they cost? etc.

Is it possible to use Amiga Memory as ESM memory on the Bridgeboard.
I have an A2088 with 512K, but 7Meg on my Amiga. So I would like some
more memory on the PCside.

Ron Birk, d89-rbi@nada.kth.se

new@ee.udel.edu (Darren New) (08/24/90)

In article <1990Aug23.124649.9656@nada.kth.se> d89-rbi@byse.nada.kth.se (Ron Birk) writes:
>Do anyone else have the same problem I have. A very loud Fan on
>my SyQuest?? It at least twice the A2000 Fan.

SyQuest's don't come with a fan.  It's the enclosure that has the fan.
    -- Darren
--
--- Darren New --- Grad Student --- CIS --- Univ. of Delaware ---

d89-rbi@byse.nada.kth.se (Ron Birk) (08/25/90)

Oh I meant my SyQuest sounds like it have a very big Fan.
It it very disturbing, so I like to turn it off from timr to time,
but surely it is not meant to do it?