[comp.sys.amiga] Repost - WShell/Starboard problem

jbickers@templar.actrix.co.nz (John Bickers) (08/25/90)

    This is a repost of an earlier article, required because:

    (a) an intermediary site wandered off into the void for about a week,
        so the 1st post never got out.
    (b) I'm supposed to be looking out for replies while the original
        poster is off skiing.

> From: dgold@basso.actrix.co.nz (Dale Gold)
> Subject: WSHELL glitch
>
> I've been having some puzzling behaviour with my A1000 + 2meg Starboard,
> using WSHELL.  I've got Conman, VD0: and Bill Hawes wonderful Fcomp
> running all the time.  I use a prompt command like: "%c>" so that my
> current directory is displayed.
>
> Everything is great until I CD to RAM:. Now the prompt looks like:
> :>
> and the fcomp filename completion won't work in RAM:, although it will
> offer me filenames from the root dir of my boot disk in df0:  (!@#!)
>
> Another weird quirk is that if I type INFO, the listing for RAM: says:
>
> Mounted disks:
> Unit      Size    Used    Free  Full Errs   Status   Name
> RAM:      4194M    -251       0 100%   0   Read/Write
>
> 4194 megs of ram is pretty awesome, eh? :-) The used blocks listing
> starts normally, and works its way down (I think..) when files get
> deleted from RAM:, although this isn't always the case.  Also note that
> no name appears for RAM:
>
> Any ideas as to what's going on?
> --
> Dale Gold	dgold@basso.actrix.co.nz

    Email replies can be sent either to me or to Dale's address above.
--
*** John Bickers, TAP, NZAmigaUG.         jbickers@templar.actrix.co.nz ***
***           "Man, Machine -> Super Human Being" - Kraftwerk.          ***